Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2011, 11:22 PM   #16
Brooke Meyer

Thanks. About 4 years ago I was in the same place you are. Try manually focusing the moon, it will probably work better unless you have a very long lens. The most important thing you can learn is understanding exposure. Bryan Petersens book will fix you up. About 3 years ago, once I understood it, I started shooting manual. I have a little Digisix meter that gets me in the ball park in new situations but using Sunny16 as an anchor and experience takes care of most things, especially performances and understand the dual exposure of ambient & flash. I have no idea if the meters in my cameras work.

Last edited by Brooke Meyer; 11-17-2011 at 03:50 PM.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
auto, camera, k-r, kr, moon, night, pentax k-r