Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2011, 10:51 PM   #1

Pentax K R lens compatibility

I currently have a Pentax K100D with a Promaster Spectrum 7 70-300 lens. I am interested in buying the Pentax K R. Will the Promaster Spectrum lens work with the K R.

11-24-2011, 12:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes. Same as K100D.
11-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I think you will really like the K-r. I upgraded from a K100D Super to a K-r and I have to say that it is a really great camera. The speed and the ease in which the camera operates is wonderful compared to the K100D. The output is also great. the DR and the extra resolution give me more creative possibilities. I think you will love the K-r good luck and all the best!
11-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
I think you will really like the K-r. I upgraded from a K100D Super to a K-r and I have to say that it is a really great camera. The speed and the ease in which the camera operates is wonderful compared to the K100D. The output is also great. the DR and the extra resolution give me more creative possibilities. I think you will love the K-r good luck and all the best!
+1. Since I'm coming from WR bodies like K10D, K200D and K20D, I find the K-r build more fragile but I guess for the price and considering what it does - it's a great body.

11-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for the thoughts. I thought about switching from pentax to a canon t3, but decided to stick with Pentax.
12-05-2011, 09:20 PM   #6

Hi, I hope someone can answer a question for me about lens compatability. After much deliberation I'm looking at buying a Pentax K5 and one of the reasons for doing so (apart from all the good reviews) is that I have a few lenses that I have from my old Pentax film camera. From what I've read these old lenses will work on the newer bodies. So this weekend past a friend had a Pentax K-R and I put on a lens (Ozunon 75-200) that I used with my old ME-Super and try as we might we couldn't get the shutter to fire. It was set to MF. I'm assuming there are other setup options that one has to do. So...my Pentax DLSR purchase is on hold until I can determine if these older lens will definitely work OK. Hopefully someone here can shed some light ? Thanking you in advance.
12-05-2011, 09:36 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Here are the instructions on how to get the shutter to fire:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #8

Adam, Thanks very much for the information - will give it a try when I get another chance.

12-06-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I just checked my Kr and if you don't set using aperture ring to "permitted" and use a 42mm or K mount lens the shutter will not fire, also a KA mount lens will not fire unless it is set to "A"

Hans