Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2011, 01:06 PM   #1

My Visit to Anglesey!

Okay- Just thought i'd share some photo's with you from my visit to Anglesey- this is the first holiday I have been on with my Pentax K-r and just though I'd share with you a few of the photo's!
They aren't the best comments and criticism are welcomed!

Thanks!

Last edited by planenutter; 11-24-2011 at 01:12 PM.
11-24-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These are lovely pictures of a lovely part of the world - the ones of the planes at Valley are amazing; are you able to get really close, or do you have a monster lens? I like the robin one too - brave little souls aren't they? I must get to South Stack again one day to see the choughs. (Last one isn't Anglesey, but I'll let you off because it's an utterly mad place!)
11-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
Hi Northern Soul, Yes so so close! I was amazed- probably within 20 meter's of the aircraft when landing or taking off on either runway, I used a 50-200mm most of the time at Valley here's a link for you showing you the available areas to see the aircraft: http://www.pb-photos.com/Images/Aviation/Others/Valley.pdf

They certainly are brave little souls- I got within 6 feet of him before he flew of into the trees.

Last one isn't Anglesey your correct! (Portmeirion it is) A beautiful place to visit!

Thanks for your comment- greatly appreciated!
11-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Great shots, nutter #7 grabs my attention. Thanks for sharing.. Cliff

11-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for your comment usn ret!
Yes it's one of my favourites in my set too!
11-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by planenutter Quote
Last one isn't Anglesey your correct! (Portmeirion it is) A beautiful place to visit!
Very nice photos, especially the aviation ones. What are the small jets? BAE Hawks or something like that?

I notice a square structure on the top of the Sea King, above the cockpit, what is that? Extra filtration for the engine? I don't remember seeing that type of structure on Canadian Sea Kings.

Didn't meet Number 6 at Portmeirion or have any encounters with a large white inflated balloon did you?
(in case of puzzlement, lookup 'prisoner TV series' on Wikipedia.)

Just for amusement, I've uploaded one of my film photos from 1987 taken at Portmeirion, looks like we were standing in almost the same place, I was just a number of feet lower!!
Attached Images

Last edited by mtansley; 11-24-2011 at 01:42 PM.
11-24-2011, 01:35 PM   #7

Original Poster
Correct the Small jets are BAE Hawks the main RAF Training jets here in the UK!
No, I had no encounters with them, I have seen the series before and my grandparents house, quite a set where they film it all!

Looks like a very similar position indeed, thanks for sharing that with me!

Thanks for your comment mtansley
11-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #8
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots. I love in particular the shot No. 5. Great one!

Thank you for sharing.

11-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Didn't meet Number 6 at Portmeirion or have any encounters with a large white inflated balloon did you?
(in case of puzzlement, lookup 'prisoner TV series' on Wikipedia.)

Just for amusement, I've uploaded one of my film photos from 1987 taken at Portmeirion, looks like we were standing in almost the same place, I was just a number of feet lower!!
That's exactly what I thought as soon as I saw the photos.