Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #16
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtb Quote
Pixel mapping affects only images, it doesn't work with video. That's the reason why you have bad pixel visible on videos. This thing is rather unrepairable and you have to live with it
You have only one dead pixel, I have two and both of them are in the center of the video - not a very best place to see a dead pixels ;(
Heh, I've even caught a dead pixel on news station's $3000 HDV field cameras.

12-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mtb Quote
Pixel mapping affects only images, it doesn't work with video
Thats really bad!

I hope that stuck pixel doesnt show up in bright light shooting
12-08-2011, 12:39 AM   #18
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Swapnil Quote
I hope that stuck pixel doesnt show up in bright light shooting
Mine don't.
12-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Sooooooooo...my K-r had the same issue, sent it to Pentax as it was still under warranty at the time, came back fine, then a week later it the blown (or hot?) pixel came back. Of course...my warranty had just expired.

12-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #20

I have a hot pixel on video mode just off the middle to the left..not sure if it's just one pixel or a few it is very obvious. I didn't bother mentioning to Pentax service as of yet still trying to get the FF problem resolved.
Pixel mapping tried that many times it does not seem to have any effect on the video mode