Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #1

Help with Cityscape Photography

Hello Guys and Girls,

I was just needing a bit of help with the best shooting modes etc for city's aswell as photographing Christmas lights and other cool things in and around the city. I am heading off to London for a couple of days tomorrow so I was just looking for a little help before I go,

Help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

11-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Manual mode is your friend if you are shooting varyingly lit landscapes/cityscapes, especially if christmas lights are involved. Also, tripod + manual focus will be a great help if you are shooting in the evening-night.
11-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Sometimes spot metering can tell you the hottest points within a proposed image. Even though you may be willing to let a street lamp burn out its small area, you may not be willing to let the nearby sidewalk burnout, or it may not be that important. Depends on the image you were looking for.

I don't do this very well myself, but i think it may be useful to try a manual white balance setting or a custom setting that best reflects a scene. Going home and trying to set a white balance after the fact can be difficult to recall how things looked in real life.

Sounds like fun - enjoy
11-29-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Bracket bracket bracket!