Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2011, 04:58 AM   #1

Camera Bag

Hi All,

Apologies if this topic has already been covered somewhere else but I'm still finding my way around here. I've recently just got a new Pentax K-r in place of my faulty K-x. I had two lenses, the 18-55mm DAL and the Sigma 70-300mm Zoom Macro lens but after a hugely enjoyable trip to Ailsa Craig where a lot of the wildlife was just outside the reach of the 300mm I have also purchases the Sigma 150-500mm zoom which is absolutely brilliant for wildlife.

My problem is that whereas before I had been able to get the K-r, my two lenses, spare battery and a couple of filters into a 10 shoulder bag; I am now having real bother finding a sensibly priced shoulder bag that will take all my kit. There are no end of rucksack type bags that fit the bill but 'large' shoulder bags just aren't 'large' enough. I usually have a rucksack with me for food etc.. as well as the camera bag and I find that the shoulder bag is much more convenient for getting quick access to the gear when you come across an opportunity for a shot.

Can anyone recommend a suitable bag? Any suggestions appreciated.

12-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
it doesn't make sense that you spent $$$ on your lenses but the thing that holds it is cheap and doesn't have that protection.

Try looking at this one http://www.amazon.com/Kata-KT-D-3N1-30-Sling-Backpack/dp/B001BP1YEE/ref=sr_1...664822&sr=8-10 I believe that this kata bag has 3 sizes from small "10" medium "20" large "30"

or any lowepro slingshot
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestion.

It is more a shoulder bag that can be worn by my side that I'm looking for rather than a back worn bag like the slings. There is an absolute shedload of large backpack and slings available but not many shoulder types. After a bit of digging though it looks as though the LowePro D400 Stealth Reporter might be the ticket and at just under 100, it doesn't cost the earth so I think I'll run with that.
12-12-2011, 07:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

In my opinion Lowepro makes quality bags. I own a Lowepro slingshot. It's not a shoulder bag like the OP wants, but I am mentioning because it is well-constructed. The fabric, zippers, seams, etc have held up well. Other Lowepro models are probably similar quality.