Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2011, 06:50 PM   #1

Pentacon (praktica) lens on K-r

Pentacon 135mm f2.8
Pentacon 28mm f2.8
Pentacon 50mm f1.8

can i use this lenses on my k-r?

Or should i try to put them on my kr i see if they will work...?

12-17-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The short answer is maybe. Praktica made both M42 mount lenses and a bayonet system later on that I think was called Praktica B if I remember right. The bayonet lenses will not work without modification, maybe not then. There is a member here who routinely modifies lenses to work on K mount, maybe he will know.

If the lenses are M42 then they will work, but you need the M42 x K mount adapter.

Are the lenses threaded or do they have a bayonet mount? Post a picture here if you are unsure.

And no, I would not try to force fit them on your k-r.
12-17-2011, 07:13 PM   #3
Veteran Member

That depends. I have two lenses branded Pentacon, one an Electric 50/1.8 (later version of the Meyer Oreston) in M42 screwmount, and one Prakticar 50/2.4 in Pentacon Bayonet mount. The bayonet will not work on a PK camera like your Kr or my K20D. I am still trying to modify mine for PK.

The screwmount is an M42 type called auto-only. It has an aperture pin but no M/A switch, so on our dSLRs it will only shoot wide open. The pin can be glued or jammed down to allow setting the aperture, but then it can never be used again on an auto M42 body. This kills its value.

If your lenses are Pentacon Prakticar with a bayonet mount, you are out of luck. If your lenses are auto-only M42, you are crippled. Otherwise, they *might* work. Do you have pictures of the lens bases?

EDIT: Ah, you beat me to the punch, jatrax!
12-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
thank you for this quick reply
i don't have them, so i can't post photos of them :P
i found them online on an advertisement , with low prices , so i wondered if i could use them on my kr
found the brand name similar )) pentacon ... that's why i asked...
so thank you for your answers

EDIT: i got some photos of the lenses

Last edited by alexmkd; 12-17-2011 at 08:20 PM.
12-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Pentacon Auto 50mm f/1.8 that is M42 mount and auto only, but it has a depth of field preview stop down button on the side. By using the button to stop down while shooting it can be adapted to a DSLR with only an M42-K adapter and no further modification. There were quite a number of different versions of the 50mm f/1.8 (and possibly the other lenses too), so how you go about adapting them will depend on which version you have.
12-17-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by alexmkd Quote
EDIT: i got some photos of the lenses
OK, those are Pentacon-B (bayonet) mounts and they will NOT fit on a Pentax camera without undergoing major surgery, and they just aren't worth that. They could be adapted to Canon EOS or m4/3 or NEX or some other short mount, but not to Pentax, not without using optical adapters (which probably suck).

Pentacon screwmount lenses *could* be used on Pentax with a cheap adapter and their aperture linkage pins glued down. Pentacon bayonet lenses *can't* be used on Pentax easily. Good luck with your lens hunt!