Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2012, 06:43 AM   #16

Original Poster
i've hooked up my camera and on my mac downloaded 1.11... do i drag and drop the file into my camera?

04-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #17
JFN
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JFN Quote
This happened to me today, only two month old K-r... The internet shop I bought it from tells me it will take MAX 45 days... Pentax France demands that I send it back to the Internet retailer, and they send it in, then Pentax send it back to the retailer who then send it back to me... This is just so retarded... Though the guy at the retailer told me that I probably have the K-r back within two weeks only - TWO WEEKS!!
This ended up taking 45+ days, got my K-r back some weeks ago and everything worked fine (at least that's what it seemed). This afternoon I tried shooting with the built in flash, turns out it's dead, and when the flash is popped up, the AF is not working.

I got a feeling that I have a lemon.

I have emailed the internet dealer (pixmania) and claimed that I wont accept another 45 day repair tour and that I think the body was not working properly when I got it back from repair, but that I have not yet tested the flash until today, and that I expect a replacement of the body asap.

I give up, from now on I'll stick to my film bodies instead.
04-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #18

Got the same problem, 2 days before vacation
I cannot be 45+ days without my DSLR, which is 3 months old
04-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
JFN
Veteran Member

I've already been without it 45 days, after having it about 45 days... now it's time again, after having it about 25 days....

=(

04-21-2012, 08:50 AM   #20

Oh My God !
Don't tell me this
It's my first DSLR and i am so excited about it... and now this sh*t....
04-21-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
JFN
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bass.Boi Quote
Oh My God !
Don't tell me this
It's my first DSLR and i am so excited about it... and now this sh*t....
Tell me about it, same here...

When I found out yesterday that the built in flash was not working, I started to think "doh, I'll drop this dsrl and stick with my film bodies and never get a dslr again"...

But I guess after this is fixed, there's no more "built in" problems with these bodies, then I've already had two of the major problems with them fixed, so the odds are hopefully quite low that I should run into more troulbe after this is fixed too.
04-21-2012, 09:01 AM   #22

And may i ask, what exactly they have changed (did) in the first repair ?
04-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #23
JFN
Veteran Member

Dont remember, but it was some kind of circuit.

05-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #24

Hi

I've just started having this problem and came across this thread on google. I'm currently charging the battery so will see if it was anything to do with that as the battery wasn't fully charged.

Do you guys think this is something thats happening with a certain batch of cameras as I bought it about two months ago. I guess judging from this thread I may have to send it back to the shop I bought it from...

Cheers
JG