Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Burst/continuous shooting with remote?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there some setting that I havnt noticed that allows you to hold down the remote and cause it to shoot in hi/low burst mode? (I'm using just a cheapo one button remote) From what I can see theres just the two setting's for remote trigger - either 'on press' or '3 sec delay' ...

Cheers,

Woj

01-03-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not sure with the Kr, but my K20D has a Continuous Remote setting in Drive Mode. In the Remote Control Shooting section of the user manual, it lists 1) instant shutter, 2) 3-second delay, and 3) continuous remote. I don't know if that's been disabled in the Kr. Check the manual. Good luck!
01-03-2012, 10:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

K-r doesn't isn't capable of that, i guess.
01-03-2012, 11:00 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GabrielFFontes Quote
K-r doesn't isn't capable of that, i guess.
Aye just double checked the manual. Can't do it. Well ... probably can do it, but they either couldn't be bothered to add it in the firmware or want you to upgrade

Shocking really, the camera can already sense when your holding the button down because you can use it on push/release for bulb mode start/stop. Why they couldn't add this in is beyond me.

01-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You might be able to hack something for this yourself. There's a thread around about how to use an mp3 player to trigger the camera, like a normal remote. You make a lead with the IR diode on one end, headphone plug on the other. A sound file sends the correct pulse to trigger the camera. So... in theory, send out a whack of pulses pretty close together, and you might approximate continuous shooting.
01-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Another trick is interval shooting, with the interval set to 1 second.