Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

New to Pentax...

Hello everyone,

I just got a Pentax Kr about a month ago... Love it! I moved from a Fujifilm S5100 to a Canon Rebel Xti, and now to the Kr. I have the 18-55 and 55-200 but I am looking forward to picking up a vintage Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 very soon. I've heard good things about it and the 1.7. Either one of these are about all I can afford so soon after the holidays, and I figure they would be a good start to my collection of lenses. Anyway looking forward to learning and sharing with you all. I'm a big time car enthusiast so my first photo shoot was of my car. Check out here if you wish

00 Infiniti G35 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Cheers!

01-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard. The 50/1.4 SuperTak was one of the first lenses I bought after the kit lenses for my K-x. Excellent lens. Just an FYI, in case you didn't already know since you're new to Pentax, you'll need the M42 adapter for the K mount to make the SuperTak's work with your K-r. If you don't already know about them do a search here and see that there are several variants of the adapters - Genuine Pentax, descent copy, bad copy, and those with a flange that prevents infinity focus.
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had the Fujifilm S5100 as well. I see a lot of people used that camera before transitioning to DSLRs. it taught me a lot about photography and really whetted my appetite until I just had to get a DSLR. Welcome to the forum and great shots!
01-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of Pentax and LBA

01-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #5

I also started out with a Rebel XTI as well. I wanted to know how you compare the two cameras? I myself felt like the camera was pretty good,just the kit lenses were total crap. They were decent in optical quality,but were really wobbly. I feel the KR feels like its much more robust in its construction as well. On the other hand,It seems that the XTI image quality was just as good as the KR,even though the XTI is 10Mp and the KR is 12MP.
01-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The 50mm f1.4 SMC M, K mount or the SMC A k mount are rated almost as good, are easier to use and the price is almost the same.

Hans
01-16-2012, 02:07 PM   #7

i have also recently purchased a pentax K-r and im loving it. i also like cars , especially if they can go sideways. i cant drive yet but taking pictures of them is good enough for me at the moment.
Attached Images

01-16-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by matt-K-r Quote
i have also recently purchased a pentax K-r and im loving it. i also like cars , especially if they can go sideways. i cant drive yet but taking pictures of them is good enough for me at the moment.
Matt, I like that in black and white.