Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Wireless Shutter for Pentax k-r ???

Hello everyone!
I need some help!!
I own a k-r and I'd like to buy a Wireless Shutter with Bulb function but I couldn't find anything..
Does anyone know something?
Thanks in advance!!!

01-06-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think pretty much any wireless remote has the feature

the Pentax 1 button remote control F does. you just release the shutter and lock the button down and release the lock when you are done. have the camera in bulb mode.

there are a slew of different ones listed below

Miscellaneous - Pentax Camera Accessories: Database and Reviews
01-06-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank You!!!!Thank you Adam ,too!!
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
Pentaxian

If you go to page 3 on the "C" menu on your K-r, the top selection (#15) is "Remote Control in Bulb". Mode 1 lets you press the button of the Pentax 1 button remote control F once to open the shutter and the shutter closes when the remote button is pressed a second time. (You can begin the exposure and go kill some time and return later to end the exposure) Mode 2 requires that you hold the remote release button for the entire exposure.

01-06-2012, 10:34 PM   #5

Hi,

I just got the Pentax Remote Control F.
Good for about 4m, from the front.
01-07-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
hmmm,
as I can understand there is no other choice except the "F"..and what about if I want to take a pic from the back side of the camera as the IR is in the front does it work?
Thanks!!
01-07-2012, 05:29 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by koukon Quote
hmmm,
as I can understand there is no other choice except the "F"..and what about if I want to take a pic from the back side of the camera as the IR is in the front does it work?
Thanks!!
The Penax F remote is definitely not your only choice. This $7 remote works like the F but is far less expensive.

LLC RM-E7 Remote Control reviews - Pentax Camera Accessories: Database and Reviews

As for shooting from behind with the remote - use a reflective surface in front of the camera. I use this remote from behind for moon shots just fine.

01-07-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Yep, lots of choices here. There's a whole slew of them you can order on Ebay for $5-10 (often including shipping), and generally they work just fine. It's a pretty simple device, much simpler than a TV remote.
01-07-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
Pentaxian

There are many choices for the remote (Most cheaper than the Pentax brand) but I only have the Pentax so can only address that particular remote. A "blindspot" mirror can be purchased for a couple of bucks at any auto supply store or Wallyworld. It's a lightweight convex plastic mirror that can be attached to the tripod or somehow set in front of the camera so that you can see the IR sensor reflected in the mirror. Aim the remote at the reflection and press the button.
01-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I got mine for 2.5 bucks @ ebay.
01-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by koukon Quote
hmmm,
Thanks!!
I am afraid you are right: You don't have another choice (other than the numerous variants of IR-releases) and an IR remote will not work from the back.

From the k-m onwards, Pentax for some (strange to me) reasons left out the plug for a cable release in their entry level DSLR models. This is definitely one reason that I stick to my trusty old K200D!
01-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
Forum Member

Original Poster
excatlly!
anyway, I think the F will work...but this is really disappointing..but I knew when I bought it..anyway it's a really great camera and I think I'm really satisfied!
Thanks everyone!!!