Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2012, 09:02 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Pentax Kr in Tokyo

Hello
I'm in Tokyo now and I saw that here usually price of camera are less expensive than europe and here the kr is sold with the 55-300, differently from europe.
Amazon had good price but now I saw it is increased and i don't want spend 61000Yen for what few days ago was about 52000 Yen.
Someone know a place where I can found the kit 18-55 55-300 at a good price?
I found many site that have a good price, but sadly I can't understand japanese
For what I read Akihabara is a good place, but I don't know wgere are stores that have better price, I went there just for a little trip and price was high in stores I found..
Thanks

01-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The price has gone up because the camera is out of production, but you should still be able to buy the lens kit for a very reasonable price if you look around hard enough online (including our marketplace!).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
But when it went out of production?
Because untill few weeks (even few days ago) I found it.. sadly I can't buy it some days ago..
I didn't found good japanese site in english where found it brand new..
01-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by freeJ Quote
Hello
I'm in Tokyo now and I saw that here usually price of camera are less expensive than europe and here the kr is sold with the 55-300, differently from europe.
Amazon had good price but now I saw it is increased and i don't want spend 61000Yen for what few days ago was about 52000 Yen.
Someone know a place where I can found the kit 18-55 55-300 at a good price?
I found many site that have a good price, but sadly I can't understand japanese
For what I read Akihabara is a good place, but I don't know wgere are stores that have better price, I went there just for a little trip and price was high in stores I found..
Thanks
i bought mine white KR(2 lens) in winkdigital. I think the below kakako website gives you the store where you can get the best deals.

Google Translate

01-24-2012, 04:58 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Yes, I already knew kakaku.com, and there are many sites that have good price, the problem is that are all in japanese! (
Google translate is useful just for search, because is not possible translate crypted pages..
01-24-2012, 11:10 PM   #6

Yes, I already knew kakaku.com, and there are many sites that have good price, the problem is that are all in japanese! (
Google translate is useful just for search, because is not possible translate crypted pages..
yeh you are right but once you find a store then you can directly go to that store and buy the camera. I got it from my friend who went to the store using google Street view !
01-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
yes, i found one, but I was unable to go there in the past days and now the site says "out of stock"
I need to find another store.. but not all sites allow to go in the store for buy..
I wrote another email to another site, I'm waiting the answer, if is possible buy directly in the store I'll go there
But for now they still didn't answered..
Akihabara has a good shop? I went there just once and I didn't find a shop with lower price than internet, but is also true that i just looked in the main streets, I don't know where are better stores..
Thanks

Last edited by freeJ; 01-30-2012 at 05:36 AM.
02-02-2012, 05:43 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I bought it
At the end amazon.co.jp was the best choise because changed a little the price :P
Maybe I could find for some yen less if I search it good, but that's ok. I don't wanted risk to don't find it at all.

Last edited by freeJ; 02-02-2012 at 05:48 PM.
02-02-2012, 11:05 PM   #9

I bought it
At the end amazon.co.jp was the best choise because changed a little the price :P
Maybe I could find for some yen less if I search it good, but that's ok. I don't wanted risk to don't find it at all.
congrats now waiting for the pics of your camera.
02-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #10

Photos: Gallery
Ah...sorry I just noticed this today, I know where the cheap stores in Akihabara are that you can walk in and buy (that's where I got mine)

If you're going to be in Tokyo for a while, it's good to know that there's a Pentax service desk in Shinjuku, you can take your camera in and get warranty service and cleaning (for one year) and they'll mail it back to you for free.
02-07-2012, 10:02 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I had so few time in these days (
I still need to try good the camera.
I'm scared because when I tried a little in home it blocked a couple of time. I hear the sound how if the shutter was blocked and I can't do anything. Even in the menu, every time I selected a voice I hear that sound.
The sound is the same of when i select the live view and it seems that the problem happens after i switch to live view and return to normal view..
Sorry I can't explain good in english (
The only way was remove the lens and turn on the camera without lens..
I need to try it good, I hope will not rain tomorrow.

Just for know where are that stores in Akihabara
And the Pentax service desk in Shinjuku too.
Thanks
02-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #12

Just for know where are that stores in Akihabara
And the Pentax service desk in Shinjuku too.
Thanks
The store I bought mine at was called Wink Digital, although their website lists them being out of stock of Pentax Cameras (unless you want a Q...)
You can also try Akihabara Outlet Plaza, here's a map: ?????? : ????????? They have the K-r in stock.

The service counter is called the Pentax Forum (not this website) and here is a map: http://www.pentax.jp/forum/access.html

I don't know what the problem you have is, sorry!
02-10-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Inactive Account

Original Poster
The problem seems serious.
The mirror of the camera sometimes freeze. It don't close well and it continue to open and close very fast alone.
The only way to resolve the problem is remove the lens and I can see the mirror come back in correct position..
Sorry, I don't know how explain good in english.
I wrote at amazon and they just give all the responsability to Pentax telling me I should contact them first.
Pentax said that they want see the camera, so now the only way is go to Shinjuku at the assistence center, But they will talk english?
02-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #14

I don't know if they speak English (I speak Japanese) but if you bring them the camera and the warranty card they should be able to take care of it. If you have to, just demonstrate the problem and that should be enough.

They were really good to me when I was last there, and very concerned about getting my problems resolved quickly. It might take 10 days but they can send your camera to you by private delivery service, so you only have to go there once.

Caution: They're closed on tuesdays and they close at 6:30 everyday.
02-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
What warranty card? Is enought the receipt of amazon?
Maybe I can try tomorrow, but for me is strange ask to repair the camera if is new, there is not warranty?
It have just a week!
But amazon said they want hear before pentax.
I don't know how I should act, if ask to pentax to repair or after I heard them write again to amazon..

Amazon said
QuoteQuote:
You can contact the manufacture by the following e-mail form as well.
http://www.pentax.jp/japan/support/product_web.html
If you confirm that the problem was indeed the result of a manufacturer's defect, please contact us again with the name of the person you spoke with and his/her comment. You can reach us at the URL below.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/rsvp-mi?c=ywyahgub3304066641&q=jpo2
And Pentax said they want see camera. But for Japanese laws who should repair or change the camera? Amazon or Pentax?

Thanks