Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
That is exactly how it is supposed to work. No damage will result. Don't worry, be Hopi.
Thanks a lot RioRico. That's exactly what I wanted to know.

04-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Best yet, "fool" your K-r into thinking every lens is an "A" lens:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-r-forum/178928-kr-short-contacts...ml#post1867401
04-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #18

Hey All-

I am trying to help someone who wants to buy a Pentax system and he is looking for a cheap macro lens. Will this lens work with a K-R? BY work I only mean meter, I don't think any other functions would work. I don't know the Pentax mounts to know if this will even mount. Thanks for any help.

This is the lens in question: Pentax Smcp 6x7 135 F4 Macro Takumar
04-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by blu62vette Quote
Hey All-

I am trying to help someone who wants to buy a Pentax system and he is looking for a cheap macro lens. Will this lens work with a K-R? BY work I only mean meter, I don't think any other functions would work. I don't know the Pentax mounts to know if this will even mount. Thanks for any help.

This is the lens in question: Pentax Smcp 6x7 135 F4 Macro Takumar
Yes you can use this lens which is a old 67 medium format lens , on a DSLR but you will need to buy the mount adapter so you can use it on the K -r , i would point you towards the lens reviews so you can check for better alternatives.

Pentax lenses
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database

Third party lenses
Pentax Lenses by Sigma, Tamron, Zeiss, and more - Reviews and Specification Database - Pentax Lens Review Database

04-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by blu62vette Quote
I am trying to help someone who wants to buy a Pentax system and he is looking for a cheap macro lens.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/152336-cheap-macro-b...lose-work.html

Other than the alternatives I suggest in that article, are few 'cheap' macro lenses. The MF (medium format) lens you asked about *will* work but it's not really the best choice. To narrow it down: What does your friend mean by 'macro'? Sharp shots of reflections on an ant's butt? Flower closeups? Is edge-to-edge flatfield sharpness needed? Will they shoot mostly in the studio or in the field? How close do they want to work? Will the lens also be used for portraits and other general photography work? Various tasks require different tools.

* For close sharp 1:1 macros: an Industar-50/3.5 on a set of cheap M42 macro tubes.
* For nice florals etc where edges aren't vital: a Raynox adapter on a 100-300mm lens.
* For decent macros+closeups dirt-cheap: A35-80/4-5.6 on a mount-reversal adapter.
* For easy flexible shooting where budget doesn't matter: any new AF macro lens.

I could suggest others but it's late and I'm exhausted. G'night.