Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #16
Forum Member

I bought mine from Amazon.com last August and have had zero problems with it. If I have FF, I am not aware of it. Would I buy it again? You bet. I have the 15mm Limited, the 18-135mm, the 16-45mm, and the 35 mm f2.4 as well as the 18-55mm and 50-200mm kit lens. However, I do not own a lens with a wider aperture than f/2.4. These are two indoor photos without flash. I want to stress they are candids, learning the lenses, and are far from perfect and not necessarily the camera's fault.

Tungsten lighting - sick husband - 16-45mm f/4 1/25s at 45mm iso 3200

CFL lighting 15mm prime f/4 1/10s at iso 3200

02-04-2012, 09:00 AM   #17

With all due respect, neither of your two photos are in focus. This will most certainly not re-assure the OP
02-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That cat is so cute

Anyway, I use both incandescent and CFL bulbs in my house. I haven't had any problems with the focus but the widest aperture lens I have is a 2.8. Here are some indoor photos with flash that I took with my FA 100mm 2.8 macro. I suppose the problem only occurs when you don't use the flash (?) I don't know, but I haven't had any problems and love my K-r

Last edited by Drom; 02-04-2012 at 01:10 PM.
02-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #19
Forum Member

You are right that my photos are not in focus. I see that now. I was not using my wider lens or flash and also my husband, as I mentioned, was ill and kept dropping his head down. Keeping a kitten still is just hit and miss. So circumstances were not ideal. Flash would have helped a lot. I consider these family type photos, the kind you exchange with other relatives. Still, they would not have been possible with other cameras I have owned. I see the difference between mine and Drom's. Thanks for the critique. The 35mm f2.4 wide open has done a little better at family photos when we have guests without using flash. Still, I would say this is user error and fortunately not any defect of the camera.

02-05-2012, 11:13 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by Darlene Quote
You are right that my photos are not in focus. I see that now. I was not using my wider lens or flash and also my husband, as I mentioned, was ill and kept dropping his head down. Keeping a kitten still is just hit and miss. So circumstances were not ideal. Flash would have helped a lot. I consider these family type photos, the kind you exchange with other relatives. Still, they would not have been possible with other cameras I have owned. I see the difference between mine and Drom's. Thanks for the critique. The 35mm f2.4 wide open has done a little better at family photos when we have guests without using flash. Still, I would say this is user error and fortunately not any defect of the camera.
Actually, I think Mr. Kitty looks fine. The image of his little face isn't tack-sharp, but it looks reasonably in-focus to my eye.
02-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by Darlene Quote

You should post that picture of your Kitty on the my pet a day thread. He is so cute
02-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #22
Forum Member

Thanks, Drom

Thanks, I will do that. And thanks for your kind words about my photo. I have taken better cat photos with my D70 and I have come to realize I (1) Took those with a more appropriate lens for indoors and (2) used to plaster my face against the camera without my glasses on. Now I have older eyes and tend to leave my glasses on, which even with the stabilization of the K-r, I am sometimes undoing the advantage because I am uneasy about scratching my glasses. So, more lenses in the future and more practice.