Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome alspe.

Using AA batteries does at a little bit of extra weight yes, personaly I prefer it that way as it makes the camera feel a bit more solid/stable. Also, I can get more pictures from my eneloops than the included battery (with my K-r).

Easy way to test is just grab 4 AA's and chuck em in the battery compartment without the holder, it won't work ofc, and keep the camera off, but it'll give you an idea of weight distribution. Also it's probably worth grabbing a cheapo addapter and shoving it in your bag anyway, on the off chance you ever need to use it, as AA batteries are available pretty much anywhere.

03-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #32

Thanks for the reply. I will try how AA batteries feels against the original battery. Maybe it is not big difference but I'm into solid feel of "things".

Dealextreme seems to sell cheap batteries?
03-22-2012, 11:30 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by alspe Quote
Thanks for the reply. I will try how AA batteries feels against the original battery. Maybe it is not big difference but I'm into solid feel of "things".

Dealextreme seems to sell cheap batteries?
I found that the AA adapter was a great addition to my K-r. Feels solid, makes it more versatile and didn't cost much (I think I paid around $10 for mine). AAs can be had nearly everywhere so power is no longer something to worry about with the K-r and the AA Adapter. Best of both worlds IMHO.
03-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #34

Photos: Gallery
I use both types of battery and just love the fact that I have the option of one or t'other. The camera is not that light to begin with so I don't notice any real difference twixt the two types. Cheers...

Oh yeah. Sony Eneloops as far as rechargeables go. Brilliant...

Last edited by Crowley; 03-22-2012 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Addendum
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
+1

QuoteOriginally posted by Crowley Quote
Oh yeah. Sony Eneloops as far as rechargeables go. Brilliant...
For what its worth I found that eneloops give the correct battery charge readout in the camera. I found that energizer rechargeables did not. I think this issue may have been discussed before.
04-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #36

Is your K-r's working fine with 4x1,2V Eneloops?

Last edited by alspe; 04-04-2012 at 04:22 AM.
04-04-2012, 02:13 AM   #37

Photos: Gallery
Alspe: my K-r works a treat with 4 x 1.2v Eneloops...
04-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #38

Yep. So does mine. Typically get ~twice as many shots out of a set of eneloops than the default battery.

04-04-2012, 04:22 AM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by Kona Quote
Yep. So does mine. Typically get ~twice as many shots out of a set of eneloops than the default battery.
Nice to know.

Do you like the feel of gained weight and stability?
04-04-2012, 04:25 AM   #40

QuoteOriginally posted by alspe Quote
Nice to know.

Do you like the feel of gained weight and stability?
I very rarely shoot handheld so can't say I've noticed, I'm afraid. The AA holder doesn't really feel much heavier than the stock battery, though (I just swapped them over tonight to charge the stock, so recently handled).