Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2012, 08:17 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Kr aa battery holder

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Is there anybody out there that would have access to the AA battery adaptor for the KR ? i have been looking here in the shops and they want £30 pounds equivalent to about $50 U.S, i was wondering if anybody that had access would purchase one on my behalf and send it to me,i'd ofcourse pay all costs incurred via pay pal or any other form of payment,I'd be erternally greatful. If not then i'm afraid the brand new KR will end up on Ebay as i'm not paying through the nose for something that should have been included in the camera kit ! i thought it was only britain that ripped us off,seems pentax wanna do it too.anyway i look forward to hearing from another very helpfult Kr owner.
Thanks in advance Matt

02-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The MSRP over here is $40- you're going to have to pay up unless you can find someone who's selling a used one!
Pentax D-BH109 AA Battery Holder for the Pentax K-r 39100 B&H

BTW, you should make a listing in our "wanted" section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Loads of the unofficial AA holders on eBay. I used one of them with my K-r and it worked a treat. They run around $15 shipped from Taiwan or China.
02-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Go on eBay and search for D-BH109 AA battery holder. You can get them from Hong Kong (ships worldwide) for about £15 (US$20). It is not an official Pentax part ... but if you want my guess, they were probably made on the same assembly line.

02-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks Guys for your quick responses :-) i'll also put an ad in the wanted section
02-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Loads of the unofficial AA holders on eBay. I used one of them with my K-r and it worked a treat. They run around $15 shipped from Taiwan or China.
Mine was only $6, and it works flawlessly.

No need to pay the premium for an officially branded one; it's a very simple device that was obviously quite trivial to bootleg.
02-02-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kona Quote
Mine was only $6, and it works flawlessly.

No need to pay the premium for an officially branded one; it's a very simple device that was obviously quite trivial to bootleg.
Same here, I bought a $6 one on ebay. Took 2-3 weeks to get but works like a champ.

02-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought two of the cheap knock-off battery holders, thinking that they would be cheap and break easily, and I would want a spare. I was wrong. I have had them for about a year and no problems. BTW, I use Eneloops.
02-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Inactive Account

I found it too one for 7 dollars. But is ok shipping from Hong Kong to Japan?
In italy they do problems with customs.. but italy is italy.. i know..
02-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #10

Original Poster
By the time they ship from Hong Kong or China to the UK my camera will need replacing... lol
02-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #11

There are knock off ones on ebay that work just fine. They start around £5. I got mine from a UK ebay shop for £7 odd a couple of months back, but they don't seem to have any in at the moment.

Might be worth sending them an email to see if they have any left: eBay: thesnapshop
02-03-2012, 03:59 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt268uk Quote
By the time they ship from Hong Kong or China to the UK my camera will need replacing... lol
It's not that bad. 2-4 weeks should be average, that's about how long it takes to Canada. You can either pay a lot more for something quick and local, or pay a lot less and wait for shipping. It depends what you have more of, time or money.
02-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #13

Anyone can recomend some knock off holders from ebay?

Pics of the quality would be nice too.
02-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Try here: www.aliexpress.com and search for D-BH109. Alliexpress is a broker for Chinese merchants. I think you can probably find them less expensively on eBay, but I was happy with my transaction. I have not seen a genuine Pentax copy, but I would guess that this unit came off the same manufacturing line, but without the Pentax logo. It seems well built and fits well. The pictures on the site are as good as any I would likely post here.

I have two, both packed with eneloops. I put a small diameter heavy rubber band (courtesty of my green grocer with a bunch of brocolli) around the spare and put that in a plastic bag. The cells stay put and can't short; at the same time I can swap power packs in seconds without fumbling with individual AA cells in the field.
02-13-2012, 12:25 PM   #15

There seems to be only one UK eBay shop selling them at the moment, eBay's item number is 320827342519. Their feedback isn't too bad at 99.6%. It might be worth giving it a try at only GBP8.90 with free postage. If it doesn't work you can always get your money back via eBay/PayPal. I'm going to give it a try now - if there are any problems I'll report back.