Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-15-2012, 05:07 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
SyncGuy....You stated that you're using an S screen which is NOT a split screen. I guess it provides more "fuzzyness" than the stock screen for objects out of focus? I've thought about a split screen but for objects not in the center of the frame, it wouldn't really work unless I focus and then recompose.

AB

02-15-2012, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

Yep! That's absolutely correct!

Objects out of focus will be more "fuzzy" therefore the ones that you want in focus will be VERY distinct. Thus, you will NOT need to focus and recompose. Doing that is also absolutely NOT advisable when shooting at <f/2.0 as the DoF will be very thin! It is accurate up to f/1.2.. Tested and proven myself.. LoL!

PS: Oh, that "fuzziness" you are saying about? It is actually VERY CLOSE to the "bokeh" you will get when you do shoot at that aperture. Even OOF lights will take the form of the aperture if you do stop down and do an optical preview at the selected aperture. Yes, you will see the ocatagonal shape, depending on the lens used. In short, hey! Almost "live view", but on your VF. Focusing spot on at f/1.4 on subjects within the distance scale? No problem... It is REALLY obvious.. No offense, but if you miss, it just means you are getting your diopter adjustment wrong, or shimming wrong, OR you REALLY have a bad eye.. LoL!
02-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Thus, you will NOT need to focus and recompose. Doing that is also absolutely NOT advisable when shooting at <f/2.0 as the DoF will be very thin! It is accurate up to f/1.2.
This is exactly what I was thinking...

Maybe an S Type screen is in my future.... I'm really struggling with manual focus...only about 50% are in focus. I'm especially bad with the Pentax-M 28mm f/2.8.
02-15-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Maybe? Trust me, you MUST get it... :P Its a whole new "poison" on a different level.. Just don't start looking at that f/0.95 "toy" after that..

Edit: I'd say, invest in the FS before you invest in other lenses, it's worth it by a mile.. It'll breath new life, or newer life even, to your current and future lenses..

Last edited by SyncGuy; 02-15-2012 at 08:31 AM.
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Looks like the thread has essentially been hijacked to a discussion of a non-Katzeye screen.

Can we please get back to hearing from any other K-r users with an installed Katzeye on the K-r? Follow-ups on other topics can go in a new thread or Pms. Please.