Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #1

Time and date stamp Kr models

Hello my name is Roger and i want to know how to time and date stamp pictures on my Pentax K-r camera

02-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #2

If possible on kr

1. Press the "Menu" button on the back of the camera. This button is usually located next to the LCD picture preview screen
  2. Scroll over to the "Rec. Mode" tab at the top of the "Menu" table using the directional pad and press the center button to enter the mode
  3. Scroll down to the "Date Imprint" function and press the center button. A list of options will appear to the right
  4. Pick the option of your choice. You can decide between displaying the date, the time or both in one stamp.

02-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #3

Original Poster
I don't have a record mode on my camera
02-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes you do- it's the first/red one.

02-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #5

Original Poster
on the red one i have #1 custom image file format recorded pixels quality metering AF point #2 cross processing digital filter HDR capture Multi exposure Inter. shooting ISO shutter speed #3 Movie live view D-range Lens correction #4 color space file format green button AF/AE-L button memory shake
02-15-2012, 12:32 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

That's the custom function menu. The one you want to be in is the record menu, which is the very first tab (on the left).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #7

Original Poster
I have 4 tabs a red camera file a blue arrow file a wrench and a "C" file

02-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #8

Original Poster
Adam if is easier to talk me thru it on the phone my number is...
02-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I edited out your phone number...never post stuff like that in public! I think a screenshot would be more helpful in this case, but I don't have my camera on me at the moment. Perhaps someone else can help!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #10

Original Poster
I don't have a date imprint button in the menu
02-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Actually, the instructions posted in post #2 are wrong. For the k-r, go to page 285 of the manual (p287 of the pdf):
http://www.pentax.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-r.pdf

Adam

02-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #12

Original Poster
thank you adam
02-16-2012, 11:43 AM   #13

I have the same question. How do I get the date/time to be imprinted on my still pictures? When I go into the menu I have a picture of a red camera (that I can't seem to get to) and then the 1,2,3,4, arrow, wrench and 'C'. How do I get where I need to be? Pg 285 of the manual is on Setting the DPOF Settings and pg 287 is on Correcting Defective Pixels.
03-10-2012, 04:28 AM   #14

I am still struggling with this. I am trying to have it automatically imprint the date/time each pic is taken. My Cannon does this but I still haven't found the way to make the K-r do it. The date/time is even displayed when I review pics on the Cannon and it appears in the prints. Does the K-r not have this capability or am I just not understanding the instructions? Guess I need remedial instruction. Sorry.
03-10-2012, 06:38 AM   #15
Veteran Member

You can quite easily do this with software after you've taken the photo, the time, date, temperture and even location if you have the Pentax GPS gets embedded in the EXIF of the photo.

I say this because my stepfather has his camera programmed the way to "print" the date on the photo and now we want to print some of the photos... so i'm spending now quite a lot of time to clone away the time stap *sighs*