Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #31

I see Ray is still living in some strange place where reality has escaped a long time ago. I was actually thinking about a Canon 60d but will hold off until a replacement turns up or a good bargain on price. I've not really considered Nikon as the D90 is too old for me.

Now if you want me to use my real name you can call me "Chris" because that's what it is. I have followed the threads from Barry on the DPR forums though he doesn't post much now and yes I see he got a D90 recently. That's nice for him and I'm glad he has a camera that can actually focus with some degree of accuracy, because my 3 K-r's couldn't that is beyond doubt. The information I got from Pentax UK was the same as Barry posted in the DPR forums I got exactly the same reply that he did. Pentax told me they can't fix the problem, so unless some K-r's have rolled off the line with a modified AF module I can only go on my own experience and the response from Pentax.

Pentax have tried to brush this under the carpet as a recall would cost them, or a free fix. Either way I found the K-r situation unacceptable as a customer

04-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mr Spocko Quote
I see Ray is still living in some strange place where reality has escaped a long time ago. I was actually thinking about a Canon 60d but will hold off until a replacement turns up or a good bargain on price. I've not really considered Nikon as the D90 is too old for me.

Now if you want me to use my real name you can call me "Chris" because that's what it is. I have followed the threads from Barry on the DPR forums though he doesn't post much now and yes I see he got a D90 recently. That's nice for him and I'm glad he has a camera that can actually focus with some degree of accuracy, because my 3 K-r's couldn't that is beyond doubt. The information I got from Pentax UK was the same as Barry posted in the DPR forums I got exactly the same reply that he did. Pentax told me they can't fix the problem, so unless some K-r's have rolled off the line with a modified AF module I can only go on my own experience and the response from Pentax.

Pentax have tried to brush this under the carpet as a recall would cost them, or a free fix. Either way I found the K-r situation unacceptable as a customer
So, you don't deny kicking the dead horse over and over again, go by an alias, and keep coming back to an exclusively Pentax forum to bash Pentax when you no longer own Pentax, and I live in a strange world?

We know all we need to know about you given your sick obsession/need to keep coming back here to flog your dead horse.

But hey, it's the internet, you can be whoever you say you are, right?

Isn't the first step to recovery admitting that you have a problem? I suggest seeing a good psychologist about your OCD.

Perhaps RiceHigh jr. is actually a better name for you.

Ray
04-05-2012, 03:06 AM   #33

I do own other older Pentax bodies and like some others I am waiting to see if the next batch of models offer what I am looking for
I'm sorry you are having issues with some posters or having problems accepting the views of others. Maybe you should not be on a forum if you cannot live with the views of people that don't agree with your own

Yes I do agree with the threads Barry made on dpreview and I have first hand experience of the K-r and the frustrations that go with that. I do wish you would stop your campaign of hate towards users who have had problems with this model. We all like Pentax in some shape or form, but you go too far in your postings and are obviously brand blind to issues that are very real and have caused problems for buyers.

Your posts become more disturbing as time goes on Ray stop it now and just chill out a bit.
04-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #34
Veteran Member

I do own other older Pentax bodies and like some others I am waiting to see if the next batch of models offer what I am looking for
I'm sorry you are having issues with some posters or having problems accepting the views of others. Maybe you should not be on a forum if you cannot live with the views of people that don't agree with your own

Yes I do agree with the threads Barry made on dpreview and I have first hand experience of the K-r and the frustrations that go with that. I do wish you would stop your campaign of hate towards users who have had problems with this model. We all like Pentax in some shape or form, but you go too far in your postings and are obviously brand blind to issues that are very real and have caused problems for buyers.

Your posts become more disturbing as time goes on Ray stop it now and just chill out a bit.
Did I miss something? Were you put in charge of these forums over night?

I think not.

You contribute nothing here. You are just here to play your little game and troll the forums so you can continue to post negative things about a camera you no longer own to further your petty agenda. That's what I have a problem with.

I have no idea why you have not been banned for this constant trolling, but you should be.

Ray

04-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #35

Ray I would strongly suggest you keep to the topic of the discussion and avoid personal confrontations.
Life is too short to engage in forum bullying.

I like Pentax as much as anyone, but I'm not going to distort my personal experiences to please you and I find it difficult to imagine what you are trying to get out of all of this.
04-06-2012, 07:27 AM   #36
Veteran Member

This from the person who posts "orders" to people he does not even know like the one below:

"Ray stop it now and just chill out a bit."

Ray
04-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #37

Photos: Gallery | Albums

I like Pentax as much as anyone, but I'm not going to distort my personal experiences to please you and I find it difficult to imagine what you are trying to get out of all of this.
I would respectfully suggest that life is also too short to post the exact same complaint/comment on the same product at the same forum over 85 times.
You have posted the exact same complaint about a camera that you returned and got your money back for over a year ago over 85 times now on this forum.

Most people who have had an negative experience with a product will go to the review section for that product and provide their review. Once.

Last edited by Drom; 04-08-2012 at 03:40 AM.
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #38

Oh, and on the topic of reviews, I need to put a review in for this new Tamron 70-200mm 2.8 lens I got for my K-r. This is a match made in heaven. I've gotten my very best pictures from the K-r so far with this wonderful lens- The weight and feel of it is just right for the K-r.

Here's a waterbird. Have a nice day:

04-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #39

Drom, I am the one who responded to your series of pics on the DP review site. This shot is my favorite, but you should post the second shot of that group too. Both are excellent!!!
04-06-2012, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #40

Thanks so much!
You know, I went out and took these pictures so I would have an image to enter in the Birds contest at this site. And when I was first going through them I was thinking, well I guess the one with the white goose is the most striking, so I will enter that one. Well, I got 3 votes and one of them was mine-ahahah! And you are right, that first one in the series is better. So comments and criticisms from others are so important and I just really appreciate you giving me yours.

Here's the brown Goose:

04-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #41

Continuing the theme of wildlife that Drom started, here's several shots I took with the K-r and the DA 50-200 (no frustration here)

04-07-2012, 02:54 AM   #42

yes, you obviously aren't having any troubles-

Those are beautiful. I particularly like the first two. Where did you capture those?

Last edited by Drom; 04-07-2012 at 03:00 AM.
04-07-2012, 06:17 AM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by Drom Quote
I would respectfully suggest that life is also too short to post the exact same complaint/comment on the same product at the same forum over 85 times.
You have posted the exact same complaint about a camera that you returned and got your money back for over a year ago over 85 times now on this forum.

Most people who have had an negative experience with a product will go to the review section for a product and provide their review. Once.

It's nice to see some shots, but the thread is about an AF problem with the K-r so it's about helping the poster.
So you're off topic quite a bit actually
04-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by Drom Quote
yes, you obviously aren't having any troubles-

Those are beautiful. I particularly like the first two. Where did you capture those?
Thanks. The goats were on Webster Pass near Dillon, Colorado.....and the elk were in Rocky Mountain National Park.
04-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
So everyone- we have beat this horse to death. Let's abandon this thread and move on to something more productive.