Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olympus OM 20 lenses to Pentax Kr

Does anyone know of an available adapter for this?

I don't want to physically chop a lens to make it work................there seems to be every other possible adapter on ebay - amazon But the one that I require.

Any help would be appreciated.

03-08-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Have a look here:

Olympus OM lens for Pentax cameras

EDIT:
If you compare the registration of Pentax-K and OM, you'll see that just to put an adapter BETWEEN the OM-lens and the Pentax body won't work.
For such cases Leitax offers bajonets which can be installed instead of the original ones. They are specially well known for their adapters which enable mounting Leica-R lenses on Pentax bodies (same problem).

Last edited by RKKS08; 03-08-2012 at 10:20 PM.
03-08-2012, 10:52 PM   #3
Veteran Member

You didn't like the answer I gave to this question in another thread yesterday? Sorry, it's the same answer: modify the lens.

It's possible to build OM-PK adapters, but they're not worth it. Two adapter types: Optical and non-optical. An optical adapter allows infinity focus but acts like a short teleconverter, stretching the focal length, tightening the aperture, and degrading image quality a bit. Whatever made the lens special is gone. A non-optical adapter will pull-in the focus range so that infinity focus is impossible. The lens would be usable only for close and macro work.

For clean optics and infinity focus, the only option is to modify the lens. Do it the cheap way, as I outlined in my previous answer, or the expensive way, with a Leitax conversion kit. Or you could modify a camera. A couple folks have replaced the PK mounts on their old Pentax dSLRs with Nikon mounts. You could do the same with an OM mount scrounged from an OM-20 or whatever. Then you can use all the unmodified OM lenses you want.
03-09-2012, 04:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Other option: get a MILC. It's the route that I'm considering for my old Minolta MD glass and (donated) OM glass.

03-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks RKKS08 for the link .....really good. The only down side is he says on that site they are still working on the 28mm conversion and thats one I have. the other is a 35-105mm OM system lens and I have emailed him about that one as well.

Once again thanks.
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
MILC
please tell me what this MILC is?? >
Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera?????
03-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Yes. Panasonic G series, Samsung NX, Sony NEX, ......

They all have a very short registration distance (compared to (d)SLRs) so glassless adapters can be used (and are available).

The Pentax K-01 does not count, s it has the same registration distance as any Pentax (d)SLR.
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
The Pentax K-01 does not count, s it has the same registration distance as any Pentax (d)SLR.
The K-01 *could* accept certain adapted short-register narrow-body lenses such as those for Leica and Argus rangefinders, which could extend back into the empty non-mirrorbox space. But they aren't SLR lenses, so they don't count amongst the zillions either.