Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Can't Transfer Pictures

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I own the Pentax K-r and all of a sudden I can't transfer my pictures to my computer. I was able to transfer them just a few days ago and now I am getting a window that says "Photo Gallery can't open this picture or video. This file format is not supported, or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Gallery." I reinstalled the program, Pentax (S-SW110) Digital Camera Utility 4 and I get the same message after the installation. Thanks in advance for any help you can supply.
Note: Usually when I'd connect the camera to the computer It would automatically start transferring them. Johnny Le Blanc

Last edited by DartFrog; 03-10-2012 at 12:39 PM.
03-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #2
Ash
Community Manager
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Johnny. Can you see the files on the computer at all? If so, what extension do they have? DNG or PEF or JPG? Can you see any of the images on the camera on playback mode? If not, you might just have a corrupted card that needs formatting or replacing.
03-10-2012, 07:55 PM   #3

Instead of using the cable and program. Put the card in a reader if the computer doesn't recognize the card through a pop-up go through STARTt > COMPUTER > KR DRIVE and drag the folder to the desktop. See what happens from that point.

I use the above method quite a lot it's just easier and faster.
03-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Hi Johnny. Can you see the files on the computer at all? If so, what extension do they have? DNG or PEF or JPG? Can you see any of the images on the camera on playback mode? If not, you might just have a corrupted card that needs formatting or replacing.
Yes I can see the pics in the camera playback. Normally when I connected the camera to the computer the transfer window would appear and the pics would download into the computer. I am able to now see the pics on the computer but the transfer program does not activate.
This is weird but I was able to transfer them using my Nikon transfer program.

03-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geru2000 Quote
Instead of using the cable and program. Put the card in a reader if the computer doesn't recognize the card through a pop-up go through STARTt > COMPUTER > KR DRIVE and drag the folder to the desktop. See what happens from that point.

I use the above method quite a lot it's just easier and faster.
I will try that next time. Is it weird that my nikon transfer program works with it?