Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #1

K-r's successor

Any word yet on what camera will replace the K-r? I'm still very unhappy with the results of...well any camera using the current Safox system.

03-17-2012, 12:13 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you want the latest news & rumors, why not check out the news & rumors thread? Pentax News and Rumors - PentaxForums.com
03-17-2012, 01:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DarrenCax Quote
Any word yet on what camera will replace the K-r? I'm still very unhappy with the results of...well any camera using the current Safox system.
Well then you must be unhappy with everything. You could try the K-01 with 100 point CDAF and Focus Peaking.

Last edited by monochrome; 03-20-2012 at 02:14 PM.
03-17-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by DarrenCax Quote
Sound's like it's time to buy a Canikon and become a drone.

03-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well then you must be unhappy with everything. You could try the K-01 with 81 point CDAF and Focus Peaking.
He is. He has threads about "focusing problems" with two K-r's and a K-5 and also a thread about how he doesn't like the the K-01.

OP, looking at your posting history, you should go back to Nikon.
03-17-2012, 03:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Troll post. Just trying to stir things up. Pentax isn't giving up the SAFOX system anytime soon, so why would you want to subject yourself to it again if you're so unhappy? As I'm sure you're well aware, if there were any kind of announcement of a new camera, you wouldn't have missed it. There would be fifty threads about it in the first few days, just as there were about the K-01.

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
OP, looking at your posting history, you should go back to Nikon.
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Sound's like it's time to buy a Canikon and become a drone.
+1!
03-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #7
Forum Member

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/179182-maybe-you-better-loook-around.html

03-20-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hope the new one can be operated with a remote from the rear of the camera. Not all of us are just taking family snapshots!
03-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Hope the new one can be operated with a remote from the rear of the camera. Not all of us are just taking family snapshots!
I am in the process of modifying a IR remote so the remote can be activated remotely. It involves wiring an external wired switch to the remote in parallel to the built-in switch.

I haven't done tight tolerance tack soldering in some time and I screwed up my first modification attempt. At $1.65 a pop delivered, I can afford to ruin an IR remote without shedding too many tears. I'm waiting for the replacement to try again.

If my plan works (and I see no reason it won't) I will be able to trigger the camera's IR receiver anywhere within 20 feet of the camera (the length of my wire - and it is easy to make it longer). And the trigger should work even in bright sunlight (the biggest downfall of the current IR remote design).

Once it is working, I'll publish the 'how to' in the Field Accessories sub-forum along with pictures.
03-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Get a K-5, not an entry-level. Entry level is for people taking family snapshots.
03-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Entry level is for people who have a set budget and prefer to spend money on glass.
FTFY
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
FTFY
Hah haha. Thank you for fixing that for me.

Well, OK, if they buy Limiteds. I can get pissy at some of these people who are never happy with what thy have.

He does have a point about the rear remote but I'd think someone.who really needs tripod mirror-up shots could scrounge up $250 more for a K-5. If I need it I'll just use my K10 - still a wonderful camera. Otherwise I'll just take dreamy pictures with my entry-level K-01.
03-20-2012, 03:36 PM - 2 Likes   #13
Veteran Member

12 posts nothing good to say

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5991883

Ever think it may be the operator not the equipment

*ignore*
03-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hah haha. Thank you for fixing that for me.

Well, OK, if they buy Limiteds. I can get pissy at some of these people who are never happy with what thy have.
Yeah, I have a policy of never complaining about the photog equipment unless it malfunctions. The buyer should research and know what he's getting before pulling the trigger.

Most of the time, a camera's limitations can be overcome with a little thought and occasional ingenuity. And that makes me happy!
03-20-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote

12 posts nothing good to say

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=5991883

Ever think it may be the operator not the equipment

*ignore*
Nice pic!

Now we're just conversing quietly amongst ourselves.... shhhhhh...
Closed Thread