Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-03-2012, 12:43 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Images from K-r to PC

Please point me in the right direction to "re-transfer" an image that has been transfered from on a previous occasion.

I have transfered (Downloaded) Images from the K-r to the PC successfully by:
Method 1: K-r to PC Cable as supplied with Camera.
Method 2: By removeing the Card from the K-r and installing it in the PC.
In each case, virgin images only are transfered, none of those that have been transfered on a previous occassions
are transfered again.

I have a need for an image to re-appear on the PC that was on the PC, but unfortunately got deleted. The only place
this image appears now is on the K-r. As it has been previously transfered I cannot find a way to repeat the
transfer process. Help will be appreciated.

04-03-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The card, or camera, will appear in Windows Explorer just like a hard drive. Just navigate into it, into the DCIM folder, find the folder with the date you want, and copy it over (or copy individual pictures from inside it). Simple stuff.
04-04-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Simple stuff.
Not if a computer is setup to make your life easy
04-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Images from K-r to PC

Hi Philoslothical
Thanks for advice, it worked first time, 100% what I required. Cheers.

04-04-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Glad you got it sorted out. This is the method I use every day. Most programs that import automatically get on my nerves by trying to do too much or too little.
04-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I disable all auto-imports. I wrote a script that moves files from my various AV devices to appropriate file folders, after renaming the files as needed, like for numeric rollovers. Programs that auto-import put files where THEY want them, not where *I* want them. I still think I can outsmart most software. Am I delusional?
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Philoslothical Thanks for tip. Do you connect K-r to PC useing the convetional lead, or Is it possible to connect via Wi-Fi? If Wi-Fi is possible I would appreciate Instructions. I also agree, one cannot pick & choose when useing Auto, its out of ones hands.

Hi RioRico, I appreciate your comments which I fully agree with.
At 85 comming up I've recently upgraded to DSLR haveing transfered many of my 1980 onwards Me-Super Photo's to PC. I still have my early Sony Cyber-Shot for possible emergencie's. The Script that you wrote, is it on this site, if so, please direct me to it.
Cheers to both of you. Art.
04-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I just pop out the card, stick it in a small card reader, and plug that into a USB port. I have used the cable, but the rubber cover on the cable port kinda annoys me and I didn't want to put too much wear on it.

04-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Artpart Quote
The Script that you wrote, is it on this site, if so, please direct me to it.
I'll post it if you wish, but be warned: It's a WinDoze .BAT batch file that's customized for my setup and dependent on some specifics. I wrote the first version about a decade ago as a .4BT script for 4Dos|4Win, then had to devolve it for the Win batch processor when those command interpreters went out of development. So the script is rather crippled, but I'm to lazy to rewrite it for any other interpreter.
04-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I disable all auto-imports. I wrote a script that moves files from my various AV devices to appropriate file folders, after renaming the files as needed, like for numeric rollovers. Programs that auto-import put files where THEY want them, not where *I* want them. I still think I can outsmart most software. Am I delusional?
No, but some programs (Lightroom) only work well when they are in charge of image management.
I've decided that for Lightroom to work easily, you have to let go of directory trees and trust in the keywords.
04-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

One of the bigger reasons I stick with an old version of Photoshop.