Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
K-r Failed to Record Photo

Hi Everyone,

I had an issue yesterday with my K-r. My DA 55-300 was mounted, no flash.

I turned on the K-r and was in aperture priority mode. I quickly clicked 4 or 5 pictures of my son holding a baby alligator (we were at the Florida Jungle Gardens), checked the back of the screen after the last shot...it looked good. I switched the K-r off. About a minute later I turned it on again to look at the photos and they were nowhere to be found.... I took another photo and it recorded this one.

Any idea why my K-r didn't record the photos to the card?

AB

04-11-2012, 07:05 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by ablundon Quote
Hi Everyone,

I had an issue yesterday with my K-r. My DA 55-300 was mounted, no flash.

I turned on the K-r and was in aperture priority mode. I quickly clicked 4 or 5 pictures of my son holding a baby alligator (we were at the Florida Jungle Gardens), checked the back of the screen after the last shot...it looked good. I switched the K-r off. About a minute later I turned it on again to look at the photos and they were nowhere to be found.... I took another photo and it recorded this one.

Any idea why my K-r didn't record the photos to the card?

AB
Does your Kr have the latest firmware update?

The Kr recorded the photo you saw it on the view screen. If the photo's aren't on the card then the card may be the problem. Have you ever formatted the card? Is it a brand name card or a cheap one? Do you have another card you can use for awhile to determine the problem?

Last edited by geru2000; 04-11-2012 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Just a thought
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geru2000 Quote
Does your Kr have the latest firmware update?

The Kr recorded the photo you saw it on the view screen. If the photo's aren't on the card then the card may be the problem. Have you ever formatted the card? Is it a brand name card or a cheap one? Do you have another card you can use for awhile to determine the problem?
I think I'm still at version 1.11.... I never bothered with the latest... I need to do that.

I formatted the card two days ago.

The card is Photo Dimensions Class 6 card. I have 2 and never had an issue with either. This card has worked perfectly since the incident. Photo Dimensions is a Canadian based group of 1200 merchants aimed to help the brick and mortar stores compete against large corps. Welcome to Photodimensions! The card was purchased from a local brick and mortar store (per their recommendation).

Good point though...it could be a card error. I'll watch out for that.

AB
04-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Likely it's a card error. I'd reformat it or replace it.

04-12-2012, 09:50 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is some software out there that can help you recover lost data from SD cards, you might want to try it. It probably won't work if you reformatted or saved new data to the card. Btw, the card isn't in the "locked" position, right?
04-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #6

Original Poster
Card is not locked. When I noticed it didn't work I turned off the camera, popped open the card door to check the card was there and then I restarted the camera. Everything was fine after that.