Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #1

LCD display issue

Hi All,

My K-r is 5 months old and very sparingly used, I've recently upgraded firmware to 1.12 after that when viewing pics on LCD its showing flickering yellows and reds,
I copied the pics to PC they seems to be fine, I guess its issue with LCD, Just wanted to check in the forum and see if anyone has experienced this issue, and what are my options? do I need send it to manufacturer since its still under warranty. your help is greatly appreciated.

But I do like this camera its my first DSLr I love it and keeps me different from all the folks carrying niks/cans

Have a great day!!
LL

04-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Your pics are fine, and so is your camera. You have an option called "Overlay Bright/Dark Area" turned on, which shows you parts of the pic that are over or under exposed. You can turn it off in the menu, or you can use it to advantage, to see at a glance when a shot isn't optimally exposed.

It's common for small bits, say highlights off chrome trim on a car, to be flashing, but if large portions of the shot are flashing, you might want to change the exposure and try again.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
04-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Just that you are aware of it, the latest firmware is 1.13. Have fun with one of the best photo tools out there!
04-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Philoslothical Quote
Your pics are fine, and so is your camera. You have an option called "Overlay Bright/Dark Area" turned on, which shows you parts of the pic that are over or under exposed. You can turn it off in the menu, or you can use it to advantage, to see at a glance when a shot isn't optimally exposed.

It's common for small bits, say highlights off chrome trim on a car, to be flashing, but if large portions of the shot are flashing, you might want to change the exposure and try again.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
Thank You Philoslothical you took away my worry in a flash , I changed the setting now business as usual.

QuoteOriginally posted by Trapezoid645 Quote
Just that you are aware of it, the latest firmware is 1.13. Have fun with one of the best photo tools out there!
Trapezoid, thanks for your reply, I'm confused.... on the pentax website its still showing ver 1.12 not sure I'm looking at the right place, pl
see the attached url

Downloads & Literature - PENTAX Imaging USA

Again Thanks guys you'all wonderful.

04-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by livelong Quote
I'm confused.... on the pentax website its still showing ver 1.12 not sure I'm looking at the right place
Nope, you're in the right place, and 1.12 is the current one. @Trapezoid645 is thinking of the K-5 firmware, which is now up to 1.13.
04-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks Philoslothical.