Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #1

Old Sigma lens wont take pics

Hello All -
I have a Sigma 70-210 that I used to use with a Pentax PZ-10. The cap on the Sigma says "For Pentax-K , KR-P." Per advice on this forum, I attached the lens and was thrilled b/c it didn't cause any problems.

However... while I can see an image through the viewfinder and can focus manually (not w/auto), I cannot get any readings on Aperature and shutter speed, and the shutter won't fire. Any recommendations?

I also attached my old 28-80 that came with my PZ-10. While it will not zoom automatically, it will take photos and appears to be getting accurate readings.So I suppose it'll be a good backup if my kit lens fails. It's the Sigma 70-210 zoom mentioned above that I'm more interested in getting functional.

Thanks,
Chris

04-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check the sticky on how to use manual lenses in the beginners forum. You probably have to set the 'enable aperture ring' option but the instructions are more complete in that post.
Enjoy.
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As Crewl said, you need to enable the option that allows camera to fire even without a lens on - used for manual lenses.

However, if you need this option on to be on, and it's an auto aperture/auto focus lens, something ain't right - as I think an auto lens would work without it. Does the lens have an aperture ring to set manualy? If it's a fully manual lens, then you won't be able to control aperture through the e-dial anyway. If it's an auto-whatever lens, turn on that option and also try cleaning the contacts.
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks that got it working! A few existing challenges but it's functional for sure

THANK YOU!
Chris