Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This ain't good....

I have a K-r that I've owned for a a little less than a year now. Several nights ago I went out to take some night photos. I set it up to take interval shots and after several shots the camera would freeze. I could hear the mirror lock up but the shutter wouldn't fire. There was a faint hum from the camera after the mirror locked up. Turning the camera off and unseating the battery had no effect. The hum continued and no shutter release. When I reseated the battery, the shutter would activate (But not take a picture) and when turned on again the camera went thru the normal startup routine. This wasn't consistent. The first setup, the camera froze up. The second time, it went thru the entire 120 shots without a problem. All subsequent tries, it froze up. I've done sessions like this before with no problem. Has anyone here experienced anything like this? Is it me? The camera? Suggestions? There's no Pentax dealer/ repair place in town so the Forums seem like the best place to begin.

04-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this happening with the DA 18-55mm lens, by chance? On rare occasions, when I use my DA 18-55 wide, at 18mm the shutter freezes and the focus hums with no response.
04-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #3

just in case you havent tried it, do a factory reset and reinstall the firmware. you never know, might help