Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #1

Pentak k-r shutter problem!

Hey guys,

I recently bought a K-r it has less than one month and it has not been working well. This is the problem is has. It doesn't have any falls or hits. It's new!
I don't know what to do with the warranty cause I bought it in the states on Ebay, but I live in Chile

04-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like the shutter might be broken, or, if you're lucky, it's just a switch inside the camera. US-based warranty repair shops will only ship the camera within the US, so you'd have to get someone to act as the middleman if you want to send it in.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Sounds like we have the same problem. Have you tried charging the battery? Mine behaved normally when the battery is fully charged. When you put the fully charged battery into the camera there should be a click. then the camera will work normally for a while. Finally the mirror starts clicking at the wrong time and if you go to live view the mirror starts clicking repeatedly because it can not lock into the up position required for live view.

See message "Mirror Cycles At Wrong Time"

If someone knows a fix then we'll both be happy.

Last edited by Sloglass; 04-30-2012 at 08:43 PM.
05-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
wax
Forum Member

Again.
Itīs a over documented issue produced by the voltage of the original battery. Try AAs with a generic or original adapter and will work better than before.

05-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #5

I have this too, it just started tonight. I bought my Kr about two months ago. Do you think this is something to do with a certain batch of cameras? Are you sending it back to where you bought it from?
05-07-2012, 06:44 AM   #6
wax
Forum Member

now my first battery setup are 8 2700ni/mh rechargables AAs batteries with generic adpater. With the 18-55mm kit lens, the magnific DAL 2.4/35 and my ATL(all terrain lens) Sigma 18-200mm, I use the original lithium one.I post this pic becaouse when I modified it mount from contax to Pentax (vivitar K) the mirror slap like no one before. Then I realise itīs a problem related with the original batterie , metering(auto) and flange distance between the lens and the sensor. For example on this case the planar canīt focus to infinty. Since I use AAs on the K-r problem is solved. Despite the issue for me itīs an advantage of the camera the possibility to use AAs.

Last edited by wax; 05-08-2012 at 06:39 AM.
07-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
Inactive Account

shutter problem

I had the same problem with my new K-r. You must clean the contacts on the lens and camera. There is a youtube video on how to clean your lens contacts. Cured my problem.
07-26-2012, 12:39 PM   #8

Yes, that solved my problems as well. I think I said this in other threads, but I will repeat it here. Having more voltage from different batteries improved the problem, but cleaning the lens contacts fixed it completely.

QuoteOriginally posted by ranbunctious Quote
I had the same problem with my new K-r. You must clean the contacts on the lens and camera. There is a youtube video on how to clean your lens contacts. Cured my problem.

07-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #9

Photos: Gallery
Hi i did have same problem with mine than it stopt and it was ok for a few months, but then it comes: after pressing any button or turning with roller it start doing it again and didnt stopt. I have take it back to shop and they replace the whole mechanism in camera. Just want to say that it may resolve your problem for a while but i still think you should take it to shop and get it checked.