Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #1

Half Pressed Snap - Keep Snapping

Hello there!
Im a beginner on this Pentax world! Actually my dad once got his first pentax SLR while he start works on architectural field, and now, im following his steps. Same like him, starts with Pentax and Architectural.
Im interested in Landscapes and Wide Angle photographic. I've brought Pentax K-r bundled set with kits lense on Sept 2011. I've been using it about 10months. But most of the functions i still do not know how to use it.
Recently, my press shutter got some problems! It keep snapping when i press half shutter to snap a pict! Its keep snapping even i change the mode or preview some pictures!help me!whats wrong with this K-r???

05-21-2012, 09:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Possibly some dirt or grit in the button. Try this: turn off the camera, hold it upside down, so the button is down. Then push the button firmly all the way in, repeat maybe 20 times. Sometimes this dislodges a bit of stuff that got stuck there.
05-22-2012, 05:47 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Possibly some dirt or grit in the button. Try this: turn off the camera, hold it upside down, so the button is down. Then push the button firmly all the way in, repeat maybe 20 times. Sometimes this dislodges a bit of stuff that got stuck there.
If that doesn't work, maybe try some contact cleaner? Make sure it's the no-residue stuff as some of them contain oil. I've fixed a few jammed things with it, as well as the e-dial on my kx that was non-responsive after getting splashed with Redbull at a festi last summer.
05-22-2012, 06:09 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
While likely grit as mentioned in the other posts, have you checked to make sure your camera is set to take only one photograph per button push? Check your drive mode by pushing the self-timer symbol on the navigation pad. Other multi-frame options appear in the camera's menu controls such as exposure bracketing or HDR (high dynamic range).