Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
06-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would say that you might want to be very carefull. I know damn well I wouldn't be leaving my camera in the car on a summers day here in my part of Australia, as it can get up to 40C-45C (104F - 113F). The high temps "might" not kill the camera if exposed, although it could. But if, like many of us on the forum, you use old lenses then you could end up with the grease melting and getting on aperture blades etc. Modern lenses (I believe) use synthetic grease with high temperature ranges for maintaining their viscosity but I just would either a) Leave it at home b) do as others have mentioned; use an ESKY or c) make alternative arrangements for your gear to be stored in the secure place or something with your employer.

Another thing to mention (for your photo's sake) SD cards are only rated to approximately 85C (185F) and steering wheels etc can get well above 95C (200F) so that is just somthing else to think about.

06-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
And those temps are not uncommon "outside" ones on a hot summers day in much of mainland Australia. Inside a closed, dark coloured car, temps can quickly hit up to 65- 70 deg C. This is why babies, small children or dogs can quickly die. I think a Kr might not be too happy either.