Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2012, 03:34 AM   #16
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 44
You should be good to go then.I would post when you see how good or bad they do.I have noticed that on mine the light stays green on the charger even while its not plugged in so i would definetly remove from the charger when its done.

06-11-2012, 05:06 AM   #17
Site Supporter
JimJohnson's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lake Superior - Michigan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,271
I'm going to add one plug for AA over LiON batteries.... Unless a Lithium based battery is properly installed in a device or sealed inside the original OEM packaging, it is illegal to place any Lithium based battery in checked (or plane-side checked) baggage on commercial flights. The reason is simple; these batteries contain a huge amount of energy and if accidentally shorted, often cause fires. You are required to bring any spare Lithium based batteries with you as part of your carry-on limit. Depending on if you fly and how you deal with your electronic accessories, this may not mean much ... but it is something you need to plan for. It will be a pain to repack your baggage at the airport, and even more troublesome to reach your destination only to find security made a mess as they pawed through your luggage to find and remove your spare batteries.
06-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #18
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 268
QuoteOriginally posted by Drom Quote
Great. It sounds like they aren't a big risk. They're definitely inexpensive. I got two batteries, a mini charger and a bag for them for 30 bucks.
For Whatever.. I use my Pentax charger for my third party batteries. May be I missed something here. why would one need other chargers for 3rd party batteries?
06-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #19
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 44
The battery sets i bought came with a charger. I prefer the Pentax charger myself but the el-cheapo versions come with a 12 volt charging cord, pretty handy when you don't have access to house current or need to charge more than one battery at a time.

06-11-2012, 06:57 PM   #20
Senior Member
Drom's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 210
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by theoicarry Quote
For Whatever.. I use my Pentax charger for my third party batteries. May be I missed something here. why would one need other chargers for 3rd party batteries?
Well, the charger just comes with the pack, but the idea is to have some back-up if I lose my primary charger or battery
06-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #21
Senior Member
Drom's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: California
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 210
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I'm going to add one plug for AA over LiON batteries.... Unless a Lithium based battery is properly installed in a device or sealed inside the original OEM packaging, it is illegal to place any Lithium based battery in checked (or plane-side checked) baggage on commercial flights. The reason is simple; these batteries contain a huge amount of energy and if accidentally shorted, often cause fires. You are required to bring any spare Lithium based batteries with you as part of your carry-on limit. Depending on if you fly and how you deal with your electronic accessories, this may not mean much ... but it is something you need to plan for. It will be a pain to repack your baggage at the airport, and even more troublesome to reach your destination only to find security made a mess as they pawed through your luggage to find and remove your spare batteries.
Oh, you know, I am so glad you mentioned that. I ordered these spare batteries because I was hired as a second shooter for the OP at a horse show and I will be flying to the facility. I am trying to organize my bags so I don't have to pay for additional checked baggage, but I might have packed the spare batteries in my luggage. I wasn't aware you have to carry them with you.

Thanks for the heads- up

Last edited by Drom; 06-12-2012 at 02:32 AM.
06-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #22
Site Supporter
JimJohnson's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Lake Superior - Michigan
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,271
My electronics are usually carry-on anyhow, but it sounds like I am like you and will put durable items into my carry-on size roller bag. The problem comes when my flight is on one of the smaller regional size planes that plane-side check your roller bag. It is just a WHOLE lot easier to stick with AA batteries for my camera. Like many others, I have had good results with the Sanyo eneloops.
06-12-2012, 07:02 AM   #23
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 268
QuoteOriginally posted by zorak Quote
The battery sets i bought came with a charger. I prefer the Pentax charger myself but the el-cheapo versions come with a 12 volt charging cord, pretty handy when you don't have access to house current or need to charge more than one battery at a time.
That I could use, been lots of places where there is no power to charge batteries except my vehicle.

06-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 44
I also have an off brand charger for my wife's Sony SLT-33. It charges faster than her OEM charger, of course her OEM is the slowest charger i have ever seen. usually takes 8 hours so its great to be able to charge more than one battery at a time. We are going to the Smoky Mountains tommorrow and will be hiking during the day. She will probably have to switch batteries and I wouldn't be able to charge 2 of them overnight with her OEM charger in time to be ready to go back out early the next morning. That's what you have to deal with when you have an EVF ,battery life is not so great compared to my KR. I think i could even run my EL-Cheapo charger off of a small solar panel if need be. Next year i hope to spend the night in a mountain lodge that doesn't have electricity,so the solar thing might be just the ticket to keep camera batteries charged. We shall see.
06-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #25
Senior Member
jaywes's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York, USA
Posts: 235
I ended up with these that I ordered off Amazon. I have not had any issues thus far. Works like OEM.

Amazon.com: 2 Pack of High Capacity Pentax D-LI109 1050mAh (2100mAh Total)Replacement Lithium-Ion Battery for Pentax K-R Digital SLR Cameras With Rapid Travel Charger: Camera & Photo
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
batteries, camera, d-li109, k-r, kr, party, pentax k-r, third
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rechargeable Alkaline batteries, anybody used them? mannesty Photographic Technique 15 11-15-2012 08:35 AM
Rechargeable batteries for Pentax Power Pack III Malsi Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 7 06-25-2011 07:42 PM
batteries, rechargeable or not? Gian Pentax DSLR Discussion 28 11-23-2010 10:42 AM
Batteries - Rechargeable gusser Pentax DSLR Discussion 8 11-14-2010 08:06 PM
Rechargeable batteries? PHOTOCOP Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 18 08-06-2009 04:21 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top