Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1

Kr macro white balance ques

I have a Kr with an older 100 smc macro lens. I am taking stills of small objects for a how to article. I changed the white balance in a "p" mode to correct the light. My background is light blue. The playback screen of the camera shows light blue but when I open the file in my Mac it is a pale lavender. I really don't want to redo these or edit the colors of each one.

I recall something about gamma of screens. Is the true image color the color of the computer or what shows up on my
Laptop? So I am wondering if these are really blue or lavender?

I used to used a blue filter on film and it worked most of the time. I rod these with a blue filter will that fix it?

06-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Is your screen calibrated? And are you shooting in raw or JPEG?
06-24-2012, 08:00 PM   #3

Original Poster
Calibrated

I don't think so...I hushed the plus minus button to take a sample, photo looked fine.

Mike
06-25-2012, 09:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

plus minus button?

Anyway how can you judge colours on a device that does not accurately display them?

Also if you shoot RAW or JPEG met aRGB then you will have troubles seen that on the MAC since their screens just covers the sRGB range so not all colours can be displayed.