Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #166
rfg

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Not to nitpick, but an odd number of blades renders a bladesX2 number of bursts, you should be getting 14 points from a 7 bladed lens. Even numbers should render the same number of points as the blades in the lens.
You're right (of course), as I remembered when I checked some Christmas lights from last December. Actually (nothing wrong with nitpicking ) a 6 bladed lens also gives 12 bursts (bladesx2) but the bursts from the opposite blades on an even number aperture lie on top of each other so you only see 6.

And I agree, nice photos!

03-05-2013, 12:05 AM   #167
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Not to nitpick, but an odd number of blades renders a bladesX2 number of bursts, you should be getting 14 points from a 7 bladed lens. Even numbers should render the same number of points as the blades in the lens.
Sometimes I pick up a post that contains a wonderful tidbit of information like here. I'd always wondered about this, observed it on shots but who'd have thought such an elegant explanation would cover it? Thanks for helping me put one to bed!

My own Sigma 17-70 gives:

03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #168
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Sometimes I pick up a post that contains a wonderful tidbit of information like here. I'd always wondered about this, observed it on shots but who'd have thought such an elegant explanation would cover it? Thanks for helping me put one to bed!

My own Sigma 17-70 gives:

Really pretty photo!
03-09-2013, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #169
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hey! Took some photos the other day and here are the results.
I must say that I'm quite satisfied with them, they look sharper than most of the photos I have taken earlier (of nature and stuff). I'd like opinions.

03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #170
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They are sharp. Composition-wise, they don't grab me, but maybe that's because we have nearly identical scenes here too and I am tired of winter.The white balance seems a bit on the magenta side, but that could be intentional. Likewise, although there is little detail in the mid-range shadows, that too could be intentional. Personally I think they would look better as monochrome images.
03-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #171
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
monochrome images
What is that?
03-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #172
Site Supporter

Mono= one; Chrome= color. The suggestion (I believe) is that you could transform them into black and white, or sepia and white, or any style like that. You could do it either via filter before you shoot, or via post-processing in Photoshop or other photo-editing software.

I like your pictures. Certainly they show how you are growing as a photographer. Keep up the good work!
03-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #173
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodhr Quote
What is that?
Monochrome means only two colors - typically black & white, but almost any two colors with all shades in between the extremes formed only from those two colors. It emphasizes texture in the image.

03-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #174
Forum Member

Original Poster
Okay, thanks JimJohnson and timmijo!
03-10-2013, 07:45 AM   #175

Much better than your first set posted. The more you shoot the better the photos will get , nice job.
03-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #176
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geru2000 Quote
Much better than your first set posted. The more you shoot the better the photos will get , nice job.
Thank you! I'm so happy to read that.
03-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #177
Forum Member

That's quite an improvement! Could it be that the focus is still not on the trees but rather closer to you?
03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #178
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TrueFocus Quote
Could it be that the focus is still not on the trees but rather closer to you?
On the first photo it seems like so to me, yeah. But the rest, well I like those. They look fine to me
05-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #179
Forum Member

Original Poster
Hi, everyone!

Long time, no see! So, I took some photos a few days ago and I will put here the original and the photoshopped one. I must warn you though, I have this tendency to overedit stuff, hehe.

The first three are unedited.
What do you think?

I kinda wanted for the sky and clouds and stuff to pop out better and then make these trees and land darker. I'm not sure if that was a good idea, though

I must say that I feel much more confident using my camera and I hope it shows in the pics, too. At least a bit.
05-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #180

QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodhr Quote
Hi, everyone!

Long time, no see! So, I took some photos a few days ago and I will put here the original and the photoshopped one. I must warn you though, I have this tendency to overedit stuff, hehe.

The first three are unedited.
What do you think?

I kinda wanted for the sky and clouds and stuff to pop out better and then make these trees and land darker. I'm not sure if that was a good idea, though

I must say that I feel much more confident using my camera and I hope it shows in the pics, too. At least a bit.
Long time no post! Seems like you are improving a lot! Nice play of light with the first 3 shots, IMHO some of the the edited ones are overdone but the last one is done nicely. If you want to make the sky and clouds pop out, you might need a circular polarizing filter.

I linked a youtube vid on how it works just it case you have no idea what I'm taking about no real need to buy an expensive one unless you are really serious about it