Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #211
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fevbusch Quote
These are excellent shots from that Kr with you behind it. You're obviously working hard on your shooting. The only ones that bother me are the purple lampost shot and the crooked shot..
You've come a long way, Hollywood. Your dedication will pay off and with a fine camera like you have, the sky's the limit. Freddy
Thank you, you're very kind!
I guess I did over-edit the lamppost shot, haha. Here is the edit of the crooked one. I think that one has too much photoshop, too. I couldn't really figure out what to do with it, so I left it like that...

01-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #212
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
AF.S is a combination of AF.A and AF.C.

AF.A - Waits until the shot is in focus to allow the shot to be taken. Good for most things.
AF.C - Allows the shot to be taken even if the focus hasn't locked yet. Good for fast sports where the focus won't change much.
AF.S - Selects the two based on subject characteristics. See your manual for more info.
My understanding is that AF.A automatically switches between AF.S and AF.C, thus AF.A selects between the two based on subject characteristics.

AF.S locks the focus and keeps it locked as long as the shutter button is kept half way down
AF.C continually adjusts the focus while the shutter is pressed half way down
AF.A Selects between AF.S and AF.C based on the subject
01-21-2014, 01:12 PM   #213
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
My understanding is that AF.A automatically switches between AF.S and AF.C, thus AF.A selects between the two based on subject characteristics.

AF.S locks the focus and keeps it locked as long as the shutter button is kept half way down
AF.C continually adjusts the focus while the shutter is pressed half way down
AF.A Selects between AF.S and AF.C based on the subject
Thanks!
05-30-2014, 07:41 PM   #214

Great thread! Thank you, My new (to me) Kr is on it's way and I am sure that I will be referring back to this thread several times.

05-30-2014, 11:27 PM   #215
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Divotdog Quote
Great thread! Thank you, My new (to me) Kr is on it's way and I am sure that I will be referring back to this thread several times.
I'm happy to read that! I feel more confident than ever when taking photos, people here have been really helpful.
06-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #216
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hollywoodhr Quote
I'm happy to read that! I feel more confident than ever when taking photos, people here have been really helpful.
That crooked shot is really pretty, Holly. It appears to be over-saturated with blue. You might want to go into photoshop and reduce the saturation. You can also go to Image/adjustments/selective color: Select blue and reduce some of the blue from the shot.
It would be fun to experiment with that. It really is a creative shot which will benefit from a little control. Keep 'em coming. Freddy
06-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #217
Forum Member

Original Poster
That crooked shot is really pretty, Holly. It appears to be over-saturated with blue. You might want to go into photoshop and reduce the saturation. You can also go to Image/adjustments/selective color: Select blue and reduce some of the blue from the shot.
It would be fun to experiment with that. It really is a creative shot which will benefit from a little control. Keep 'em coming. Freddy
Thanks!

---------- Post added 06-05-14 at 08:55 PM ----------

Hi there!

Here's a little update

06-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #218
Pentaxian

Thanks!

---------- Post added 06-05-14 at 08:55 PM ----------

Hi there!

Here's a little update

Holly, these are totally gorgeous. Great work. I specially like the last one. A very creative shot. I also like your Graffiti shot of the two eyes. Attached are several Art Graffiti shots I recentlly took with my DA16-45 lens..
They're tearing down all the old buildings in Brooklyn that were earmarked for Graffiti artists. So when they're torn down the art goes with them! Freddy
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
06-05-2014, 12:05 PM   #219
Forum Member

Original Poster
Holly, these are totally gorgeous. Great work. I specially like the last one. A very creative shot. I also like your Graffiti shot of the two eyes. Attached are several Art Graffiti shots I recentlly took with my DA16-45 lens..
They're tearing down all the old buildings in Brooklyn that were earmarked for Graffiti artists. So when they're torn down the art goes with them! Freddy
What you attached look nice! I like graffiti, even tho I might not even understand what it says, haha. Always a pleasure to see great artwork. The second photo has nice colors.
06-05-2014, 12:14 PM   #220
Pentaxian

What you attached look nice! I like graffiti, even tho I might not even understand what it says, haha. Always a pleasure to see great artwork. The second photo has nice colors.
Thanks, Holly. Freddy
06-05-2014, 12:15 PM   #221
Pentaxian

Having not been in the thread before or at least not recently if I have been, I didn't check, it's impressive to see where you came from and where you are now, going from the first page, straight to the last page.. Good work. Keep it up, it never stops.
06-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #222
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Having not been in the thread before or at least not recently if I have been, I didn't check, it's impressive to see where you came from and where you are now, going from the first page, straight to the last page.. Good work. Keep it up, it never stops.
Well, Normhead. I've been on this forum for quite some time. In fact almost everything I know about photography I learned from the great guys on this forum.
Add to that the increasingly improved camera bodies and lenses that have come along in the last 10 years and there is a definite increase in the quality photos seen on this forum.
I love my Pentax lenses and bodies: The K200D, my latest K30 (awesome) and the remarkable DA35 plastic and also the DA55-300. I know I have reliable tools in my photo bag
that will always get me great results and it is very fulfilling! Freddy
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM   #223

@hollywoodhr

Wow! Once you were able to handle that camera, you've vastly improved! Well done! Looks like street photography has become your forte
06-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #224
Forum Member

Original Poster
fakuryu and normhead, thanks!
now that I know more about using my technology, I really look forward to my free time, so I could go out and take some photos. I've also thought about going out of the town, some other counties to take photos of some really impressive mansions and churches that I have researched about. I hope those mansions will look as impressive in my photos as they do in the books and real-life!