Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
using old Pentax equipt with kr

The reason I bought my Pentax kr was because it is backwardly compatible with my Pentax spotmatic and ME super gear.
So far I've been able to use my K mount 50mm1.4 lens and close up lenses ,also Tamron 80-230mm Zoom K mount, and using a K mount adapter I have used my old screw mount lenses and bellows.
Of course you don't get automation ,I mostly set camera on M(you also have to permit camera to use aperture ring)If you get mirror flip problem try using AA battery adapter .I also have been able to use the built in flash with oven paper diffuser for close ups at f16,f22,
My results have been fairly good and it gives me satisfaction to see photos taken with 30 year old lenses,and it saves me heaps.
If you don't have old Pentax compatible equipt ,try used photo stuff or deceased estates etc for good prices.
Good luck(you may need it!)
Eekl retired from Australia

11-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My reason for going with a Pentax DSLR are the same as yours as are quite a few people on this board, I had several lenses from my past. What I didn't realise was how poor some of my old lenses were, the only keeper was my SMC-A 50 f1.7. Searching for old equipment has become somewhat of a hobby, I have searched estate sales, garage sales, pawn shops and antique stores for Old Pentax equipment. So far I have found a SMC-A 28 f2.8, SMC-M 135 f3.5 and a Super Tak 200 f4 42mm to name only the nice stuff I have found. Enjoy your camera and the Pentax users from around the world.

Hans
11-28-2012, 02:47 AM   #3

Im just getting into the the world of lenses that can be found for this camera. Its now becoming somewhat of and addiction already. Just this month Ive purchased a 50mm, 55mm, 28mm, & 135mm (of various ages and brands). Its definately becoming a fun hobby. I only wish I wouldve started photography earlier in life.