Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2012, 09:18 PM   #1

Focus Points for M lenses

Hey,

I was wondering if anybody knows of a method to force a K-r to allow the selection of focus points, even for M lenses. In particular, I've got a Lensbaby and I'd love to be able to make the camera help me alittle more.

I know in the manual it says it won't work, I'm just curious if anyone knows of a workaround.

Thanks!

11-17-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I don't think it is possible without a signal from a chip on the lens through the data pin to the camera.
11-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
With manual lenses you can turn on focus points by turning on AF but it will only light up the center point and the green hex in the finder with manual lenses

Hans

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, focus, k-r, kr, lenses, pentax k-r