Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by joephotokc Quote
I shoot exclusively with eneloops on my k-r. I shoot minimum of about 4000 shots a weekend for the events I do for winterguard and marching band competitions. The regular batteries with the camera I would have to change every couple of hundred shots. With eneloops I can go 800 to a 1000 or more on one set. I have multiple battery pack adapters so I just have them pre loaded and take one out and put the other in. I would like to step up to a K-5 but it does not have the capability to use AA's except if you get the battery grip as the grip can take AA's.
I agree about AAs but have found the K-5 + Grip just goes and goes and goes. The after-market batteries I have cost me around $10 each and I can't tell, once they're in the grip/camera, if its an OEM or aftermarket battery I'm using. I can carry a load of DI90 batteries and just keep shooting. The other pluses with the grip are really nice too as is the overall better camera in the K-5 than my previous K-r.