Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM   #1

Does the pentax kr have sdm contacts?

So title says it all, I was reading about the Sigma 150-500 and battling myself about to buy or not to buy. I noted another post saying that the OS only works if the body has sdm contacts.

Struggling to find out if the Kr does I don't see any reference to this in my manual... Can someone enlighten me?

By the way if you in the UK and you are buying through offical stockists there is £50 cash pack at the moment.

Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd

Not sure if it is worth it to buy through offical channels, the plus of doing this vs a grey import is the 3 year warrenty I guess...Anyone have any views on this?

Cheers,

02-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes, the K-r has SDM contacts
02-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by superduper Quote
So title says it all, I was reading about the Sigma 150-500 and battling myself about to buy or not to buy. I noted another post saying that the OS only works if the body has sdm contacts.

Struggling to find out if the Kr does I don't see any reference to this in my manual... Can someone enlighten me?

By the way if you in the UK and you are buying through offical stockists there is £50 cash pack at the moment.

Sigma Imaging (UK) Ltd

Not sure if it is worth it to buy through offical channels, the plus of doing this vs a grey import is the 3 year warrenty I guess...Anyone have any views on this?

Cheers,
Of course it has SDM contacts Every camera since the K100D super (2006) has them.

As far as the OS goes, though, keep in mind that the K-r has in-body stabilization, so if you decide to use the OS in the lens, be sure to disable the camera's SR.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-23-2013, 12:52 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks all for the replies, I kind of figured that it was something blindingly obvious but couldn't find a direct reference to it anywhere so thought I'd check., ta
Cheers,

02-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #5

SRS Microsystems have a bit of a deal on this lens at the moment, at £599.00. According to their website this is eligible for the £50 cashback mmaking an effective price of £549.00.
Sigma 150-500mm f/5-6.3 DG OS HSM (Pentax fit) - SPECIAL! - Only £599.00 - SRS Microsystems
02-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #6

Original Poster
Thanks very much for the tip, I'd actually tracked this deal down myself and visited them today and I'm now a proud owner!
It takes a while for the cash back to come through so I can't confirm 100% on the cash back but they had the forms and so on ready to go.
Cheers,