Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
I would aim for a K30 or K5 with a DA 18-135mm WR lens. Great combination.
Nobody is selling those used in Craigslist or Kijijiji. There is 1 K-30 but she doesn't want a trade.

08-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, I bought a K-r with twin kit lenses in Europe for around 750 euro, just before it was discontinued. And its still as good as it was when I got it - more than good enough for most uses. That doesn't mean its still worth as much, though. Check the marketplace listings or finished ebay auctions. The prices DominicVII mentioned are not wrong.

I don't know if Keh.com ships to Canada, but I remember there being some thread about reliable second hand stores that ship to Canada, maybe you can find it.
08-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Original Poster
So I'm back to a system I prefer. The K-r has less shutter count than mine and it's mint. It's all a matter of comfort and what makes you happy. Once I saw through the OVF again, wow for me, eye relief. I'll miss a few things about the a58, it is a great camera imho and did very well on my recent road trip. ...why is LBA all of a sudden on my mind... uh-oh.