Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #1

Vivitar 3.5 35-200 P/K A adapter for K-r

I have an old Vivitar 3.5 35 - 200 zoom from my ME Super that I would like to put on my K-r. But it does not fit. What adapter do I get and where to attach this lens to this camera?

Thanks

09-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
There is likely a large shield around the aperture lever, this interferes with newer bodies, many Vivitar zooms have this issue. What you need to do is remove the shield and either trim it down to normal size or leave it off entirely. On the ones I have I just left it off, it doesn't seem to affect anything. There should be a few small screws holding it on.

09-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I'm going to guess that your Vivitar lens has a extra long flange than the later ones. If I am correct then you will either need to remove the flange or, cut off most of it to use it with your camera.

Vivitar Flange Interferrence Fix

Edit: Never mind, elliot beat me to it.
09-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #4

Original Poster
Wow! That was a quick and helpful response. You guys are absolutely right about the flange. I thought I would need to get an adapter. As your experience has shown that the flange an be removed with no harm, I am digging out my tiny screwdrivers. Thanks a lot!

09-05-2013, 01:57 AM   #5

Original Poster
It Works!

I followed your directions exactly and the darn thing works perfectly, even in auto mode. Nice to have the f-stop set automatically. However I think I will set it to it's best opening, f5.6, and allow the camera to just set shutter speed.

Thanks so much for the advice.

Cheers
03-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
There is likely a large shield around the aperture lever, this interferes with newer bodies, many Vivitar zooms have this issue. What you need to do is remove the shield and either trim it down to normal size or leave it off entirely. On the ones I have I just left it off, it doesn't seem to affect anything. There should be a few small screws holding it on.
Worked great for me! Thanks - I thought I was going to have to sell the lens. I didn't want to because it is so capable with the focal range and f3.0 speed. Removing the ring kept me from doing the unthinkable. The only thing I noticed is that the zoom won't go past about 80mm to get to 35mm once off the camera (for storage in the case) unless you move the aperature lever very slightly. On camera it works fine.
Thanks again!