Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
pentax k-r viewfinder ( eyepiece rear lens ) scratched

hi all , i want ask about pentax k-r viewfinder ( eyepiece rear lens ) .. my k-r got scratched after i clean that parts several times, and know the parts become so blurry, make it hard to see through viewfinder.. i tried everything that i found in this forum to clean that part ( ex : polywatch, toothpaste, etc ), but it doesnt help.. i need to replace this part i guess, i contact my local pentax dealer but they cant help. so anyone have same problem as me ?

as far as i search, there are thread that have same problem with me :

pentax k-100d viewfinder scratched

anyone can tell me the parts number of that pentax k-r eyepiece rear lens ? i have contacted pentax canada too , but they cant help me to order that parts.

thx for your attention..

example the part picture :

the glass thing in below..

09-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would get online at Product Repair & Service - RICOH Imaging and start a chat with a support rep.
09-23-2013, 09:39 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I would get online at Product Repair & Service - RICOH Imaging and start a chat with a support rep.
ok i will try.. thx
10-25-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
wax
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by leenaddict Quote
hi all , i want ask about pentax k-r viewfinder ( eyepiece rear lens ) .. my k-r got scratched after i clean that parts several times, and know the parts become so blurry, make it hard to see through viewfinder.. i tried everything that i found in this forum to clean that part ( ex : polywatch, toothpaste, etc ), but it doesnt help.. i need to replace this part i guess, i contact my local pentax dealer but they cant help. so anyone have same problem as me ?

as far as i search, there are thread that have same problem with me :

pentax k-100d viewfinder scratched

anyone can tell me the parts number of that pentax k-r eyepiece rear lens ? i have contacted pentax canada too , but they cant help me to order that parts.

thx for your attention..

example the part picture :

the glass thing in below..
My K-r suffered something similar time ago. I thought my eyepiece were scratch or something, and I tried to clean it without succes till suddenly it was clear, days after. my conclusion was that the eyepiece was never scratched or dirty, but was affected by condensation , maybe when i left the camera in the car or on a cool room and took it to a warmer place, inside air produced condensation. Abrupt temperature changes on DSLRs produce condensation of internal air gaps like inside eyepiece or mirrorboxes. Leave your camera on a place with stable temperature-humidity ambient with silica, and wait if it get better. Avoid an extensive touch or handling of your eyepiece.