Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Availability of Accessories & Service in India

Hi Snappers,

I am new to snapping and I am excited to buy my first DSLR. Considering my budget I am planning to buy a pre-owned Pentax K-r whose shutter life is 7,000 shots in Mint Condition.

I have few questions which is lingering over in my mind
  • I am from India (Tamil Nadu) and would like to know the service availability of the Pentax camera (I found one in New Delhi in pentaximaging.com, but that is more than 2000KMs away from where I live! )
  • 7,000 shutter actuation seems low but when I searched in google I found a guy who said his camera went dead after 10,000 actuation (I dont want my camera to die soon!)
  • I am a guy who loves Macro and bankrupt, so if I want to buy some reversing ring for kit lens which store I should contact in India?
  • Also if I want to buy a new lens with a larger zoom (something like 55-200mm) which type of lens would you suggest and where can I get it in India?

Hope I didnt give you hard time finding answers for my questions.

Thanks in Advance.

11-09-2013, 12:24 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax servicing in India is a big question. Although, I never faced any problem with Pentax DSLRs I owned, if that's a concern, I suggest you to stay away from Pentax for now till we have some service centers here. A friend had an issue with his k-r dial and it was difficult to get spares and serviceman.

Regarding the shutter actuation, I sold on of my k-x at 14K actuation to a friend and he is still using - he right now crossed over 20-25K. I wouldn't worry about it. 7k is pretty good actuation and you can safely buy as long as other things are fine.

You can get 50-200 from Ricoh India. or if you like something used, I have a few things for sale including k-01, you can PM me. I am in Bangalore.
11-24-2013, 09:58 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Hi Yusuf,

Do you know of any authorised Ricoh or Pentax service centres in Bangalore? I want to have my new K-50 checked.

Thanks,