Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
Forum Member

Body Armor

I'm looking for body armor for my K-r (and my Canon EOS Rebel T3), or a fitted leather case like I have for my film cameras, but can't seem to find any except for Nikons and other Canon cameras (just not the one I have). Who makes them? Where do I get a complete product list?:

On another topic, I have a PK/A 75-300 zoom lens that fits my 35mm Program Plus but not the K-r. Do none of the PK/A lenses fit?

02-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take a picture of the bayonet and post it if you can.
02-08-2014, 12:48 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Vivitar 75-300mm 1:4.5~5.6 MC PKA bayonet

Took a series of pictures of the Vivitar 75-300mm 1:4.5~5.6 MC PKA lens. It does not fit the K-r body due to mechanical interference.

Last edited by Beaugrand; 03-08-2014 at 04:33 AM.
02-08-2014, 12:53 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The piece I have circled is your problem. I have seen this before, the thing to do would be remove the 3-4 screws holding it in and swapping it with another lens, for the most part they are all the same. If you have a junk lens somewhere i would canabalize the part needed. any M or A lens should work.

02-08-2014, 02:23 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
What is the purpose of that piece? I've got a number of PK lenses, but I don't recall seeing that.
02-08-2014, 04:31 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Well, it wasn't as simple as finding a similar lens and swapping the part. 6 different brands, 6 different designs. Some had no visible screws, the first one I looked at had three screws, but the original lens has two. In most, that piece is plastic. On the one I've performed surgery, it's metal. I ended up simply removing material with my Dremel, after measuring and scribing a line to follow. I made sure it functions, next I'll clean it up a bit and color it black where the metal is shiny.

I appreciate the help.
02-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
I figured it out before I found the solution: www robertstech com slash flange htm shows that material must be removed. I used my dial calipers to determine what needed to be cut away, scribed a line, then used my needlenose visegrips to nibble away 1/16" at a time; then I used my Dremel to grind away the rest of the material, and smoothed it out with an emery board. I covered the shiny metal using a black marker.
02-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Should work like a champ now, glad you got it whipped. It never ceases to amaze me to see some of the things we do to use legacy glass on our cameras