Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2014, 07:20 PM   #1
Forum Member

Preferred SD/SDHC card for Kr

Updating Kr firm ware for first time. Is there a particular SD/SDHC card that works best for the Kr. I need to buy a 32MB SD/SDHC card to do the update might as well get the best. Maybe a 64MB???? Any advice would be appreciated.

04-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by texoma Quote
I need to buy a 32MB SD/SDHC card to do the update might as well get the best. Maybe a 64MB???? Any advice would be appreciated.
Do you don't Any card will work. The capacity should be at least 32Mb, which all cards are these days.

While we're on the subject though, Adorama currently has a great deal on a great card:
Lexar 32GB Class 10, 200x Platinum II Series Secure Digital Memory Card LSD32GBBBNL200

$14.95 shipped for a 32Gb 30Mb/s card.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you don't Any card will work. The capacity should be at least 32Mb, which all cards are these days.

While we're on the subject though, Adorama currently has a great deal on a great card:
Lexar 32GB Class 10, 200x Platinum II Series Secure Digital Memory Card LSD32GBBBNL200

$14.95 shipped for a 32Gb 30Mb/s card.
Thanks Adam. The reason I have to get a new card is that all I have are 16MB cards on hand. Never used Lexar cards but the Adorama deal sounds good.
04-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Thanks Adam. The reason I have to get a new card is that all I have are 16MB cards on hand. Never used Lexar cards but the Adorama deal sounds good.
Lexar and Sandisk are the two brands I'd recommend. Just make sure you buy them from an authorized reseller and you'll be sure they're reliable.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Are you sure your cards aren't 16 GB (gigabytes)? If they are, they are far more than adequate. The only 16 mb (megabyte) cards I ever see are the tiny ones that come with a cheap P&S camera. They only hold a couple photos.
04-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
Are you sure your cards aren't 16 GB (gigabytes)? If they are, they are far more than adequate. The only 16 mb (megabyte) cards I ever see are the tiny ones that come with a cheap P&S camera. They only hold a couple photos.
You are right of course. I just bought a 32GB for my wife's camera as she is going to Africa and was reading the requirements to upgrade firm ware and guess I read it as GB vs MB. Feel dumb. Thanks so much. I'm still getting a 32 or 64 GB card though as I might get to tag along to Tanzania too. Thanks for waking me up.
04-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Adam gave you great advice. I would avoid Sony, Panasonic and especially brandless SD cards. An unreliable SD card is a nightmare.
Also, I would suggest getting two smaller cards rather than one big one. That way, if one gets damaged, you still have another one to use and hopefully you don't lose all your photos. But that deal with the 32GB card is pretty great!