Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2014, 03:19 AM   #1

K-r problem solved (temporary) by pressing shutter in live view

I have a very weird problem in my underuse K-r. Whenever it is switched on after being switched off after 2 hours, the photo taken is all dark and it seems as if shutter speed is too fast and thus the darkness. With flash on, it helps brighten up a bit but still far from the normal looking photo in normal settings. The above is in looking-through lens mode.

Here is the interesting part, when I switch it to live view, the live scene on the lcd looks like with lots of noise. I will then need to take a photoshoot by pressing the shutter and voila. Everything goes back normal.

May I know what is wrong here?

Last edited by Shingkyo; 06-25-2014 at 07:38 AM.
06-25-2014, 04:15 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've noticed a few odd things happening when the battery in my K-r starts to run low. You've probably looked at that but I thought I would mention it anyways.

Tim
06-25-2014, 05:47 AM   #3

Original Poster
Are you saying that the battery could be old nearing its end of life? Or the battery charge is not full?

My battery is fully charged... But old...
06-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Shingkyo Quote
Are you saying that the battery could be old nearing its end of life? Or the battery charge is not full?

My battery is fully charged... But old...
Battery charge not full.

Tim

06-25-2014, 05:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
which could also come into effect at end of life. battery shows "full" but can't provide the required current.
Does the battery die fast?
06-25-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter

I had a weird problem with my K-r where it would seemingly randomly once and awhile produce a very dark image like you describe as if there was a very low shutter speed. Sometimes it would do this a few times and them make images normally again (even with the exact same subject, settings). After awhile I sent it back to Pentax, they took their time with it, when I called them they said they didnt know what the problem was caused by and they sent me a new one. Which I promptly destroyed when falling off a bike. Hello K-5!

Good luck!
06-30-2014, 04:07 AM   #7

Original Poster
Oh dear. Juz to update... It turns out to be battery problem... I put in AA battery case with 4x AA-sized Eneloop, I guess the Sanyo's cell is so strong that it eliminates the problem. I may need to buy new Pentax battery but I guess I will just use the battery adaptor from now on.
06-30-2014, 04:13 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Glad to see you solved your problem.

Tim