Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-29-2014, 12:51 PM   #1

K-r hour glass issue

I just purchased a used k-r body to use as a back up during wedding sessions. I already own a k-r and a k-5 and have never had issues with them. I'm not sure how to properly word what the k-r is doing, so don't laugh too hard at my description... but when I take a picture, it seems like it takes too long to 'digest' the image. The hour glass pops up and it takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds for the image to display on my LCD screen. It will do this during single shots or multiple shots. My other k-r does not have this issue. Can anyone help me to resolve this? It's really annoying...

06-29-2014, 01:09 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Disable lens corrections (they add about 3 seconds of processing time), shadow/highlight corrections, and make sure you have a class 10 SD card and files should be saved much faster.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-29-2014, 02:06 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also, make sure you have the latest firmware update.
06-29-2014, 02:12 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Make sure your SD card is formatted in the camera. I noticed this effect after using my computer to format a card. A camera format fixed it.

06-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you!!!! It was the lens correction. As soon as I turned them off it worked perfectly. Thank you. Now I can stop pulling out my hair... lol