Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2014, 12:07 AM   #1

Third party battery adapter a little too tall

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi, I feel my third party AA battery adapter is a little too tall for my K-r. It slides in well and locks in place nicely. The problem is that the battery door can't shut perfectly because it seems the AA battery adapter is a little too tall. Hence, the door will be slightly ajar and the sliding lock gets stressed when it shuts. So I don't use the AA adapter because I'm afraid the battery door lock will snap.

Is this the case? Does your third party AA battery adapter allows you to shut the battery door completely? Please share. I might get another one if mine is not right.

07-16-2014, 02:27 AM   #2

I use cheap Chinese adapter (from ebay) and no problems at all.
07-16-2014, 05:30 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks. I think I should get another one. Any recommendation for ebay links?
07-17-2014, 02:30 AM   #4

The seller from whom I bought, he does not have them anymore. But they are there all the same and do not pay too much.

Look at here:
d-bh109 | eBay