Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-04-2015, 12:09 PM   #1

Fastest Way to Change Exposure Modes

Simple question, I hope.

What is the fastest way (i.e. Green Button?) to switch on the fly from matrix metering to spot metering on my K-r?

Is there any way to temporarily switch without using a menu?

01-04-2015, 06:09 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quickest way I know of on the K-r: Press info till you see the quick menu buttons, select metering using the 4-way pad and then use the thumbwheel to change metering mode. I always press info again, either once to blank the screen or till I am back to the settings display. If you leave the quick menu display up it's far too easy to change more settings accidentally.
01-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. I thought I was nuts, but it turns out that Pentax made another weird design decision.

I'm I that odd to want to check that my subject is properly metered? Matrix metering is great, except when it isn't. I've tied the metering to the focus point, but that isn't the same. That's what I want to use the green button for! I'm just not happy that I can't.