Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #1

Lens Mounting Ring Issue

Hi All,

I recently removed the lens mounting ring on the Body and when i re attached it the lenses are not mounting properly.

I think the lens is not getting locked once mounted as the spring activated lock on the right hand side is not working properly.

Here i am attaching the image for reference.

Are there any instructions on how to remount the metal ring.

Really appreciate your help. Will be posting the pics in my my followup post.

Thanks

04-07-2017, 02:17 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By lens mounting ring, are you referring to the lens mount that is attached with screws to the camera body? If so, that is not a good thing to remove. Is the red dot on the mount face positioned at the same position as the photograph below? Edit: Silly me...there is no way the mount was reattached in other then the proper orientation. /Edit

Steve
04-07-2017, 03:54 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Maybe the locking pin is stuck under the mount?

In stevebrot's image above, notice the pin between the left-center screw and seven ball-bearing electrical contacts. That is what locks the lens in place and is retracted by pushing the lens release button. Maybe that pin is out of alignment or stuck under the mount. If so, remove the mount, check the pin, and make sure you reassemble the mount ring with the pin sticking through the hole.

Good luck!
04-10-2017, 09:55 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Maybe the locking pin is stuck under the mount?

In stevebrot's image above, notice the pin between the left-center screw and seven ball-bearing electrical contacts. That is what locks the lens in place and is retracted by pushing the lens release button. Maybe that pin is out of alignment or stuck under the mount. If so, remove the mount, check the pin, and make sure you reassemble the mount ring with the pin sticking through the hole.

Good luck!
Hi,

Thanks so much for your response.

After few tries i am able to reattach properly.And i can mount my lenses with out any issues.

The reason i removed the mount was i was trying a different mount (adaptist mount) which allows me to mount not only Pentax Lenses but Nikon and Contax C/Y Mount leneses.

Thanks