Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-13-2018, 11:35 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
EOS to Pentax Lens mount adaptor

Hi
I have a Pentax K-r and am looking for a lens mount adaptor so I can use a Sigma DG 150-500mm 1:5-6.3 APO HSM lens which fits a Canon EOS M EF-M
Can anyone suggest where I can obtain one of these or if they are even made.

03-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryalux Quote
Hi
I have a Pentax K-r and am looking for a lens mount adaptor so I can use a Sigma DG 150-500mm 1:5-6.3 APO HSM lens which fits a Canon EOS M EF-M
Can anyone suggest where I can obtain one of these or if they are even made.
You can go the other way, but I don't think the EOS-M lens would work on a K-mount camera because of the short registration distance.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
You can go the other way, but I don't think the EOS-M lens would work on a K-mount camera because of the short registration distance.
Thanks Adam.
Just been told it is actually an Lens mount‎: ‎Canon EF/EF-S not sure if that makes a difference.
03-13-2018, 12:03 PM - 1 Like   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ryalux Quote
Thanks Adam.
Just been told it is actually an Lens mount‎: ‎Canon EF/EF-S not sure if that makes a difference.
Nope, it still can't be adapted unfortunately. However, that same lens is also available in the Pentax mount if you can get one.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-13-2018, 12:48 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
An adapter, if one existed, would be a short teleconverter because of the focal flange distance. The aperture on EF mount is electronic, so you would be limited to whatever one aperture. There would be no autofocus either.

As Adam said, there is a K-mount version of the lil'Bigma. Two actually, one with OS and one without.